Version 3.0.5768.1 Dynamic Image Icons

pir8radio

pir8radio

I cant seem to turn off the Dynamic Image Icons, and use the ones that show in meta data editor...   Am i missing something silly?   

Happy2Play

What is <EnableUserViews> set to in the system.xml?  You want it set to true to disable dymanic images.

• Like 1

No, that will not disable dynamic images. it will just simplify things a bit and all new installs will have that value enabled.

Happy2Play

Well on my install with it set to false it displayed dynamic images and set to true showed custom images from root\default.

• Like 1

the items always map to a folder and if that folder has it's own dedicated images then those will always be used ahead of the dynamic ones, no matter any setting.

Happy2Play

the items always map to a folder and if that folder has it's own dedicated images then those will always be used ahead of the dynamic ones, no matter any setting.

Then I shouldn't of had to toggle the setting if that were true.

• Like 1

actually i think your issue is your are messing too much with config files and folders instead of just using the UI :)

Happy2Play

On my beta machine that just updated the config was set to false and had static images, the update changed them to dynamic images.  So what is the proper process to get my images back when the update changed them?

pir8radio

:-)   Good to know about the folder images...    Ill try moving the images to the root folders...  By the way all of the config file settings i could find to disable this are already set to false...   But i did go to meta data manager and my old folder images are set there...   If i understand that correctly... if not then i still have an issue?

Edited by pir8radio

Happy2Play

For me if <EnableUserViews> is false images point to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\views\7db6276ee1e072a0a80c83212aed2c0b via Home screen edit.

But if it is true then it points to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default\TV Shows via Home screen edit.

Metadata Manager points to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default\TV Shows

• Like 1

pir8radio

well i deleted all images via the meta data manager... then i added my image to the root folder, did a refresh and it showed up in the meta data manager again, but still not showing on home screen...  Dynamic images still showing on home screen.

Happy2Play

And where does the Home screen point to?  Right click-edit

This is exactly what I posted about yesterday. Updating to the new server beta made the <EnableUserViews>true</EnableUserViews> = false. This should be made clear somewhere or rather should be set to true by default. Thanks @@Happy2Play.

pir8radio

right click edit? 

@@Guy the beta did not change my EnableUserViews, mine is still set to False as it was prior.

right click edit? 

@@Guy the beta did not change my EnableUserViews, mine is still set to False as it was prior.

The update changed it to False but when i changed it to True as @@Happy2Play suggested it fixed the problem for me. The custom images I have set are located at \root\Default\Movies (example). A refresh or server restart was required to make them appear.

Happy2Play

On New installs it is set to true but doing an update it is set to false.

right click edit? 

If you right click  on a library or the 3 dots (edit) from the home screen where does it point to?

pir8radio

I guess i dont know what your getting at,  no more 3 dots in the beta, at least on chrome...    

Edited by pir8radio

The only icon I am still getting a dynamic image for is Playlists. There does not seem to be a Playlists in the root directory but instead points to \data\playlists which contains my custom images yet they don't appear on the homescreen. Any insight?

Happy2Play

I guess i dont know what your getting at,  no more 3 dots in the beta, at least on chrome...    

Something on your system is not right.  I get the three dots in Firefox but don't see edit but that could be permission.  Here is what I see on my server.

5622eae22e3ef_connect.jpg

Happy2Play

The only icon I am still getting a dynamic image for is Playlists. There does not seem to be a Playlists in the root directory but instead points to \data\playlists which contains my custom images yet they don't appear on the homescreen. Any insight?

This one points to views not data\playlist.  So right click edit from home screen.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\views\3d2660d03c31dc63dc8c2ad0d942282f  your id will be different.

Metadata Manager points to C:\Users\usernam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\playlists but doesn't use images there.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@@pir8radio are using an account with manage privileges?  I don't get "Edit" on mine on a non manage account.

This on point to views not data\playlist.  So right click edit from home screen.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\views\3d2660d03c31dc63dc8c2ad0d942282f  your id will be different.

Metadata Manager point to C:\Users\usernam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\playlists but doesn't use images there.

Great! That worked. Thanks.

It was mentioned to do a right click edit on the home screen but I was not able to do this on Chrome or IE. The right click context menu appears only on Firefox for me and that is how I was able to change some of the images. I tested the right click on a different machine and it also did not work on Chrome/IE only firefox. Is this normal behavior?

Happy2Play

It was mentioned to do a right click edit on the home screen but I was not able to do this on Chrome or IE. The right click context menu appears only on Firefox for me and that is how I was able to change some of the images. I tested the right click on a different machine and it also did not work on Chrome/IE only firefox. Is this normal behavior?

Works in Chrome 46 and 47, Edge, IE 11 and FF for me.

skynet600

So does dynamic images work or not? I have it enabled in the configure file. Have done for months and not changed it. Recently one collection out of five lost the image and was replaced with a default one. The collection is pointing to root/default/tv in this case and an image was in the ui under images but not in that physical location. A refresh yesterday after the last dev update now has nothing at all. I just wish we would get clear and concise information if something is changing! Thank you to @@Happy2Play though for providing most of the input so far.