Can't connect Via store app unless I first connect via firefox.

snake98

snake98

Okay weired Issue, and probably going about this the wrong way of securing my network.  First off I forward the port with this command(ddwrt)

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 8096 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2:8096

I don't use the gui becuase I block all ip address unless I personally unblock this with this command

iptables -I FORWARD -s my_current_public_ip_address -p tcp -d 192.168.1.2
 --dport 8096 -j ACCEPT

The port forwarding is working as I can watch videos via firefox just fine from the outside world.  The prooblem is the emby from the store doens't work.  Won't even connect until I connect to the emby server via firefox first.  Then I can restart the app and it connects. Weired.  The second is it won't play videos, it just keeps trying to load them. 

Okay time for plan B.  I connect my openvpn connection to my house.  The app works, but it trys to play all the files directly, and not transcode them(that doesn't work when you have a 2megabit upload speed).  Any ideas or what logs do you need.

App version 3.4.5.355

7illusions

As for the directplay issue, you can open Settings -> Streaming and select a lower profile then Max which is the default.

Are you using Emby Connect to access your server or are you using a local account?

snake98

As for the directplay issue, you can open Settings -> Streaming and select a lower profile then Max which is the default.

Are you using Emby Connect to access your server or are you using a local account?

I'm using a local account.

I also tried forwarding port 8020 (just incase some part was ssl yet) but that didn't help.  It can detect the server but won't connect.

Edited by snake98