Thumbs as movie posters?

apeg

New to emby and seem to have got a running start with it

my TV content is perfect, but i notice my movie posters are all either thumbs or fanart (not the correct movie poster)

i didnt touch any of the scraper configs so im not sure what i could have done wrong?56190baa84fde_posters.jpg

I have no additional art work in any of the folders (100%) reliant on the scraper. I don't have .nfo files or anything along those lines. it shows the same way on the web interface.

My structure is as follows:

Movies\

A\

A Beautiful Mind\

A Beautiful Mind.mkv

Thanks,

Try refreshing the items with the metadata manager.

Also look at your logs from the initial scan when you added everything.  You may have hit Tmdb's rate limitations when attempting to download artwork initially.

IVe gone as far as removing my entire movie collection and re-adding just the "A" folder. but the image problem persists. 

I tried refreshing via the metadata manager but beyond the loading gif showing for ~30 seconds, it didnt seem to make any difference?

You may need to do an advanced refresh that replaces existing images because we probably extracted a video frame to use as the primary when we were unable to get one from the online provider.

ok, it took some trial and error but i figured out the cause of the problem. 

for my own organization i put the resolution of the video on the parenting folder. So 

Movies\
    A\
          A Beautiful Mind - 1080\
              A Beautiful Mind.mkv

That "- 1080" or "- 720" seems to some how mess up the scanner? is there a simple fix to this? i have a fairly large collection and having quick reference to the quality via the folder is a great little shortcut 

You also have letter sub-folders.

How did you define the Media Folder (pointing to what exact folder and using what type)?

Under the movies section, i put a direct pointer to my NAS's movie folder.

But i have also tried pointing just to the movie\A\ folder for testing and ran into the same problem. I then copied a few movies to my desktop (not using letter sub-folders) and still ran into the same problem. 

Its not until i renamed the folders and removed "- 1080" or "- 720" did the scraping correct itself. 

suggestions? 

Edited by apeg

You didn't say if you were using movies or mixed content but I believe the resolution naming is only supported at the file level, not the folder level because it is designed to allow multiples.

Deathsquirrel

Ideally your movie folder names should be <Movie Title> (<Year of Release>).  So they'll look like this:

\Conan the Barbarian (1984)

\Conan the Barbarian (2011)

shoot, that differs from the Kodi scraper requirements, i have the (year) in the file name... that's going to be no easy task with my library size :-S

at least i know the cause, thanks for the help!