DLNA Server - LG video thumbnails

sneakers282

sneakers282

Everything has been working great so far with Emby however I just have one last thing to sort out. We have an older LG TV, a netcast 2012 based one and it will not display thumbnails on any video and of course LG decided to hard code the interface to thumbnail/photo style browsing.

It is a 42" LM760T set and identifies itself over DLNA as [TV]42LM760T-ZB though you can change this in it's settings.

Both Windows media player and Serviio display thumbnails via the LG LM760T but Emby does not and it is only the LG, all other DLNA devices show them via Emby.

I have tried changing the name of the device to LG.42LM670T in the hopes it would better match the built in Emby LG Smart TV profile but this doesn't seem to have had any effect. There doesn't appear to be a way to manually associate a profile with a device IP unless I'm missing something ?

I've posted the log file after turning on DLNA logging and playing a video briefly if that helps. Anyone any ideas on this one ?

Edited by sneakers282

Without an LG for testing I do not know. if you can find the problem by comparing our output to serviiio, i'll make whatever change is needed

sneakers282

Here is the debug log from serviio. The TV is .1.42 IP address & in the pastebin side numbers I start playing a video around 2500 on-wards then stop it after a few seconds. You can see text related to 'COVER_IMAGE' resource 4 stuff around that area, my best guess this is the thumbs on the video when I was browsing Serviio.

Thats the most I can make of it.