Panasonic SC-BTT590 can not play video

jerren

jerren

Hey when trying to play a video file on the panasonic bluray system i just get the error can't play file.

Music files i can play on it but the mobile remote control does not seem to work since i can't pause the song or change the volume.

I can play any file on my panasonic vierra tv and use the remote for it so i know that both emby & the mobile app are working.

Now i don't know what info you might need, so here is what the bluray is capable off

video  : AVCHD-DivX HD-MKV-MPEG 2-MPEG 4-MOV-XVID

audio: MP3-FLAC

I just turned on the error tracking log and don't have a log yet atm since i can't try it atm i'll try it later and upload it then.

If you need more info just ask (and if possible hint at where i can get the info you want, not a total noob at this but makes it quicker to find info)

Thanks in advance!

ok so i found the server log, didn't seem to find anything called transcoding log even tho it's turned on in advanced now.

i tried playing something from i 15.20 ish, if it matters first i tried a one piece episode wich gave the can not play remark and afterwards i tried avengers age of ultron wich also told me can not play. After those 2 i played a song and that did work. So the time frame in wich i did those is kinda 15.20 to 15.25 if it helps to find what your looking for in that log.

If someone can tell me where to find the transcoding log i'll share that here aswell, or if you need more info i'll be happy to try and help.

PS i have a config file that works for the sc-btt590 from universal media server if it would help for you guys?

ok edit i found the transcode log, seems it has nothing, size is 0kb and it's empty so sadly i can't upload it, i tried to send a video file to the bluray again to see if it changed but nothing. Also i noticed that now in the transcoding-temp folder there are tons of 2 second clips being made of the earlier mentioned avengers movie, even as i type this it's still creating more clips normal or should i do something?

edit nr2: ok since it just kept going with making those clips i wanted it to stop and so i restarted the emby server wich appearantly fills up the transcoding log wich i'll add now.

server-63580032000.txt

transcode-f75b2cb8-1511-4d4a-a820-6a46c856b254.txt

Edited by jerren

Happy2Play

You need to make a profile.

2015-10-10 15:19:27.1199 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
 DeviceDescription:
 FriendlyName:SC-BTT590
 Manufacturer:Panasonic
 ManufacturerUrl:
 ModelDescription:Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Player
 ModelName:Blu-ray Disc Player
 ModelNumber:SC-BTT590
 ModelUrl:
 SerialNumber:

The manual doesn't show much.

56195cfb14062_Capture.png

Edited by Happy2Play

i don't think the panasonic was using those little files. that's probably coming from another app.

If your referring to the .txt files those are the logs wich i found in the Emby-Server\logs folder.

You need to make a profile.

2015-10-10 15:19:27.1199 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
 DeviceDescription:
 FriendlyName:SC-BTT590
 Manufacturer:Panasonic
 ManufacturerUrl:
 ModelDescription:Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Player
 ModelName:Blu-ray Disc Player
 ModelNumber:SC-BTT590
 ModelUrl:
 SerialNumber:

The manual doesn't show much.

56195cfb14062_Capture.png

Ok i did not know that. I'm looking through the forum but i can't seem to find a topic about making a profile for your device with some general guidelines.

I guess i have to copy and adjust a .xml file from the config\dlna \system folder? i'm not sure but i'll try to do that and see if that works, if it's not correct plz do let me know and if it is correct also reply :P it's alsways nice to know your on the right track :P .

Happy2Play

Looking at the UMS profile it appears to use a user-agent but it is the same as what is being used in the Panasonic Viera profile and your log isn't showing a user-agent for the SC-BTT590. The UMS transcodes audio to wav, but looking at these specs ac3 should be fine.

You can try the attached profile.  I copied the Viera Profile and made a couple of changes.  Hopefully the server can pair the friendly information added.  This will still need fine tuning, but can only be done by someone who has the device.

Put the profile in %appdata%\Emby-Server\config\dlna\user

5619b543ddeee_Capture2.png

Panasonic SC-BTT590.xml

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Thanks alot for the file, i'll try it and see what happens while checking out how to adjust it to my own device.

edit: ok so i tried it and avengers movie wich is a .mp4 file gave the same "can not play" message, out cold however wich is a .avi file started playing for 5 seconds and then stopped for no apparent reason, so getting closer :) . I used that device spy program to add the protocol info to it first wich gave the before mentioned result. Atm i'm just trying to see what needs to go where since it's the first time adjusting an xml file for me.

Edited by jerren

Ok so i got 1 movie to play for me,2 remarks 1 it was in 4:3 for some odd reason (it's supposed to be 16:9) and 2 it was smooth for about 30 secs then some stutter then smooth again, stutter, smooth, stutter you get the jest it, the movie was a .mkv file so i'm guessing that whatever is in the underlying line

<DirectPlayProfile container="mp4" audioCodec="aac,ac3,mp3,pcm" videoCodec="h264" type="Video" />

works, now what i'm curious about is is if there is a surefire way to know what or will i just have to add and remove 1 extension at a time till i find something that works and then copy past that info into all the containers or is there more to it? any tips are greatly appreciated.

Edited by jerren

the best starting point is to look at the documentation for the device and compare it's supported format list to what we have in the direct play profiles

I tried several movies, all of wich didn't work except for filename: "21 Twenty One the Movie YIFY 2008.mkv" i also added 2 most recently updated txt files that i found in the \appdata\roaming\emby-server\logs folder. If you'ld like other log files tell me how to get them and i'll do my best to supply them.

latest serverlog.txt

latest transcode log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

the best starting point is to look at the documentation for the device and compare it's supported format list to what we have in the direct play profiles

Ok it's been awhile since my last post so i thought i'd give an update, so far still no succes in such a way that i don't even see differences atm between versions. Normally i'm sure i'd be able to figure this out but let's just say i've been less capable the last few years and hope to be better in the future.

That being said i looked at the documentation for the device and tried to adjust accordingly (wich didn't seem to matter) and i'm hoping that by direct play profiles you just mean the other profiles that emby has on hand?

Also since i was getting nowhere and honestly getting frustrated with myself i decided to see what plex does differently because the reason i chose to go with emby is because emby allows the app to play stuff to my dlna device and for some reason in plex the app doesn't find any of my dlna devices but i did see that if i just browse on the dlna devices that i could play pretty much any video with it so after some searching i found that even tho they don't have a profile for it the generic xml file that get's used seems to function for 3 out of the 4 file types that i tried. Now my question is this; do you guys know what they do differently? And if so could you tell me? because i looked at the generic profile and that tells me nothing. It only shows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- Author: Plex Inc. -->

<Client name="Generic" />

wich to me doesn't say anything.

Edited by jerren

• 1 month later...

Ok so i'm back after taking a break from trying to find out what was wrong with my situation.

So i reinstalled the entire server so that i'm sure i start from scratch, reimplemented the profile Happy2Play was so kind to provide and tried again.

So far i'm hitting the same problems as in i can only play mkv files wich stutter after 29 30 seconds and do this in what seems an infinite cycle. So i guess i should be happy that i'm hitting the same snags? i mean atleast that means i didn't do something wrong last time. I did notice a few other things now tho like this error that i hadn't noticed last time:

2015-12-14 00:53:46.5265 Error Dlna: Error parsing profile xml: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config\dlna\user\Panasonic SC-BTT590.xml
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.5
    Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Het XML-document (9, 69) bevat een fout.
    System.InvalidOperationException
       bij System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
       bij MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Serialization.XmlSerializer.DeserializeFromStream(Type type, Stream stream)
       bij MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Serialization.XmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
       bij MediaBrowser.Dlna.DlnaManager.ParseProfileXmlFile(String path, DeviceProfileType type)
    InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException
    De begincode DeviceDescription op regel 9, positie 6, komt niet overeen met de eindcode Devicedescription. Regel 9, positie 69.
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
       bij System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadString()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ReadString()
       bij System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementString()
       bij Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDeviceProfile.Read4_DeviceIdentification(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       bij Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDeviceProfile.Read21_DeviceProfile(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       bij Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDeviceProfile.Read22_Profile()

So i went to go check in the profile and line 9 is

<DeviceDescription>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</Devicedescription>

Wich should be correct, however i tried deleting the entire line in case i mistyped since none of the other profiles seemed to contain that line and when i did this i could no longer play any file, i just got the same can not play message.

So i checked the most recently updated serverfile and there i found this new error:

2015-12-14 15:56:53.2784 Error SsdpHandler: Error sending Datagram to 127.0.0.1:1900 from 192.168.0.205:0: HTTP/1.1 200 OK. CACHE-CONTROL: max-age = 600. DATE: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:56:53 GMT. EXT: . LOCATION: http://192.168.0.205:8096/dlna/373d78ef701686072a7439db154744da/description.xml. SERVER: WIN32/6.2 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.5 Emby/3.0.5781.5. ST: urn:microsoft.com:service:X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar:1. USN: uuid:373d78ef701686072a7439db154744da::urn:microsoft.com:service:X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar:1. .
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.5
    Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Het aangevraagde adres is niet geldig in de context van het adres
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
       bij System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       bij MediaBrowser.Dlna.Ssdp.Datagram.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Send>b__0(IAsyncResult result)

So if anyone has an idea how i can proceed from this that would be great. Also in other threads i see people posting debug files from dlna i turned the option for the dlna errortracking log on but i can't seem to find the logfile on the server, can someone tell me if it should be in the usual "AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\logs" folder or is there another spot i have to search it?

Hey, I don't know if this will help you or not but it's worth a try.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT360 BluRay player which works fine with the DLNA profile I created for it (based on the default Viera profile). Plays everything I throw at it so far.

Obviously you will have to change the Player name & UserId.

The only problem I have so far is that whilst it plays files perfectly, the response to the Pause & Stop buttons on the Panasonic remote is less than optimal as after pausing or stopping playback I cannot restart it from the resume point - don't know why...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the file, downloaded it now and gonna try it in a bit!

I'll get back with info on how it goes

-> sadly no dice i changed out the entire identification section and protocol info but still said can't play file :(

Still thanks for trying to help!

Edited by jerren
  • Like 1

jerren

Been trying alot of different stuff again (might even be doing the same stuff i did in the past now) and i realized that it isn't a smart way to test something if you don't understand much about it. So like it has been pointed out a few times just follow the directplayprofiles, only problem is i tried different combinations of stuff that my bluray is supposed to be able to handle (even putting everything in one line wich also didn't work) so if you guys can share any info on why certain things are put in 1 line but not in another line that would help (i think).

For instance why does the mkv container have so many different options vs for instances the mov container wich has alot less?

<DirectPlayProfile container="mkv" audioCodec="aac,ac3,dca,mp3,mp2,pcm" videoCodec="h264,mpeg2video" type="Video" />

vs

<DirectPlayProfile container="mov" audioCodec="aac,pcm" videoCodec="h264" type="Video" />

if there is a list out there somewhere could you give me a link so i can look through it because just putting in stuff whitout having an idea what your doing is just stupid (and yes i know i've been doing it like this and basically admit to working in a stupid way :( )

Edited by jerren

Happy2Play

That is why you need to find documentation of what the device supports.  So far it doesn't appear that Panasonic has this information documented for there devices very well.

Example Sony Blu-Ray gives a break down by media container.  Each container has its own limitations.

568c29d13d48a_formats.png

jerren

Aha well indeed with such a list it would make it easy (i hope) to make such a profile. I contacted panasonic to see if they can provide me with more information on this so hopefully i get a meaningfull reply back.

Thanks for the example btw seeing it like that made it all seem more logic.

Ok i just heard back from panasonic and they sent me the same picture that Happy2Play posted earlier so i don't think they have a better document then this. Guess i'll have to keep trying the "dumb" way.

I'll check in from time to time in case someone has some kind of tips or tricks that might help and if i get the profile to work i'll post it here aswell in case someone else can use it.