Go to solution Solved by hurricanehrndz,

djotaku

Details:

CentOS 7

1 GB RAM

Movies: 1215

TV Shows: 93

Version: Just installed using Emby instructions last night from yum CentOS repo

Since the min requirements for Linux (according to github) are 512 MB, I thought Emby should at least be able to scan the library. I kept getting server crashes, so I checked the logs. First time, there were a couple directories with bad permissions. After that, restarted it and it went for a little bit before it died again. Checking the logs, it ran out of memory. Looking at http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26171-out-of-memory/ it looks like even 2GB might not be enough (or that I might need to change the nursery size) - although that guy is trying to play a vid, not scanning a library.

I can attach the log file later today, but just based on the info I've given thus far - do I just not have enough RAM for that many movies and TV shows?

• Solution
hurricanehrndz

Details:

CentOS 7

1 GB RAM

Movies: 1215

TV Shows: 93

Version: Just installed using Emby instructions last night from yum CentOS repo

Since the min requirements for Linux (according to github) are 512 MB, I thought Emby should at least be able to scan the library. I kept getting server crashes, so I checked the logs. First time, there were a couple directories with bad permissions. After that, restarted it and it went for a little bit before it died again. Checking the logs, it ran out of memory. Looking at http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26171-out-of-memory/ it looks like even 2GB might not be enough (or that I might need to change the nursery size) - although that guy is trying to play a vid, not scanning a library.

I can attach the log file later today, but just based on the info I've given thus far - do I just not have enough RAM for that many movies and TV shows?

CentOS's startup script allocates allot of memory to the GC before it's triggered. You should try and adjust the conf file and drop that and rescan. By default it's set to 512MB drop it down to 64 and see what happens.

MONO_ENV="MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=500 MONO_GC_PARAMS=nursery-size=512m"
  • Like 1

djotaku

Seems to be performing much better than before. I'll come back later to let you know if it's 100% fixed or if I'm still in need of some assistance.

Just for completion's sake, I was even able to transcode to Roku. At least, the transcode.txt file shows it doing something, so I think the file had to be transcoded rather than sent straight as is. And that's with just 1 GB RAM. It was an SD file. I assume HD files need more RAM.