[Feature Request] Add download options for Songs / Albums

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Is it possible to add a download option for songs / albums on the web interface?

I use this feature quite a lot when I know i'm not going to have great internet and have started using emby for my music. It would be really nice if i had the option to download the album like I can with films

Many thanks

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

This should already exist. Check to make sure the user has permission to do so in dashboard->users.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

runtimesandbox

I can't even seem to find it at the song level,

Below are the only options I get from the song level..

13acbfee1bcc5b52bf3b46f490bca4c0.png

EDIT: Also user has complete access to everything

Edited by spudy12

JohnVee

In that screenshot you posted above, click on open. Then on the next screen, click on the blank box to the right of sync and you will have the option to download.

It's a little confusing to find it as of right now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Bunnyhunter

I would like to have album level download also :)

!!Push!!

I would like to have album download too.

It makes more sense if you want to download a complete album instead of downloading each file for it own.

for an album we would have to zip it up on the fly, which is fine but would have a cpu cost associated with that. the sync feature will also do the job.

runtimesandbox

for an album we would have to zip it up on the fly, which is fine but would have a cpu cost associated with that. the sync feature will also do the job.

I don't see this being much of an issue? The cpu cost of this must be very low?

When I do the same task on my NAS (zipping a folder with lots of files) i see roughly a 5% cpu usage increase.

• 2 weeks later...
theeternalmushroom

+1 I realize they would like to push the premium sync feature but album download would be much more useful than single songs

• 1 year later...
osilo

Sorry for the necro.  This would be a fantastic feature.  Perhaps a user level setting with transcoding if possible or something similar to bandcamp?  This feature would really help me empower my mother to transfer music to her car.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
PenkethBoy

Wow just Wow

cant believe this is still outstanding 5yrs later for such a simple thing to add

d/l song individually is so 1990's 

can we have this pronto as its a basic feature need for the web client

The apps that have native download features already support this.

The web app already has individual song download and has had it for a long time.

Spaceboy

yeah i've wanted this feature a number of times in the web app. downloading track by track is not good and even if you use folder sync it puts each track in a separate sub folder. please implement this as a priority

Happy2Play

That is where clarification is needed as part of this Request exists.  Or this one needs closed and new one created for Albums.

G0R3Nzh43W42
On 23/05/2016 at 18:53, Luke said:

Isn't it possible to queue the song downloads for whole album?

Edited by G0R3Nzh43W42

• 1 year later...

I am new to Emby (long time PLEX user).  +1 for this feature.

Regarding the requirement to zip - I understand this as you can't predict how many tracks would be present in an album and slinging an arbitrary number of files to download at once is therefore not safe for a feature.  But I presume the CPU load associated with that would be handled by the user's own server.  Personally I'd be fine with it - especially if the feature was implemented such that it could be disabled on a per user basis.