IPTV Plugin - Unable to view across users

curtisghanson

curtisghanson

I don't know if it were the intended behavior. But the IPTV Channel (Video Bookmarks) Plugin allows an administrator to add an IPTV feed. But, no other user can see the feed, only the administrator. Since you can only add feeds from the admin back-end, then no user besides the administrator can ever use the plugin. Am I correct in arriving to this conclusion?

In any sense, if I am correct on this plugin's behavior, I went ahead and removed the user_id parameter from the .cs file where the query is made. I compiled it and uploaded it to my instance of emby-server and so far it's working great.

If this is something anyone might be interested, I can do a pull request on the Github repo to submit my change. Or if there is a more appropriate place to upload my code changes, I can do that as well.

edit for grammar

Edited by curtisghanson

well, the intention was to expand on the UI to allow selection of what users should be able to access it. but yes you could submit that which would expose all new additions to all users.

curtisghanson

Well, how about this. I will work on adding that functionality and also add in m3u8 file upload support and submit those features for review when I'm done.

I haven't coded in c# for awhile now so it will take a bit of effort on my part to get it right.

One question, how should the interface look to allow which users can view what? Or should it be restricted by administrator set maturity ratings? Right now it's a simple list of feeds. I could make additional options expand from a list item for entering advanced options maybe?

I like the minimal interface in the admin panel but I don't want to clutter the plugin with an egregious amount of configuration per feed.

sure, well, instead of picking users you could allow the user to select a parental rating. that would be fine. so you end up leaving the user id null but adding an optional rating. most of that is going to be in html and javascript.  you can look at userparentalcontrol.html for an example of a dropdown of parental ratings. 

then i assume the multiple m3u8 thing will be in c#

• 4 months later...