How to fix incorrect movie detection?

twistedLucidity
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

twistedLucidity

I've just installed Emby on Ubuntu 14.04 to try it out and have already hit my first problem that I can't solve from the docs.; how do I manually correct the library?

I have put one movie into the registered "Movie" folder. It's "Big Buck Bunny" and the exact name of the file is "Big Buck Bunny (2008).avi". From reading the wiki, this should be the correct name. For some reason, this is getting deteced as "Picasso and Braque Go to the Movies" and I can see no way to correct that entry. Is this possible and how do I do it?

I've tried via the default admin "emby" and a new consumer user I created; I don't see anything obvious and I can't see anything in the wiki about it.

i just tested the exact same thing and it worked perfectly. Note that I had server metadata settings at default values and named the file and folders based on movie naming guidelines.

in any event, go to the edit screen, then click identify.

twistedLucidity

OK, my settings must also have been at default as I didn't change anything post-install. Just added the folder.

Where is the "edit screen"? I have seen it mentioned in a few posts, but haven't seen any explanation on where to find it.

Edited by twistedLucidity

just about every menu button attached to each individual movie has an Edit option. if you don't see it then we've made it too hard to find. for example, the dot menu on the detail page, or the slideup menus. or the right click menus.

twistedLucidity

Sorry to be wasting your time, but on the detail I see "trailer", "sync", "tick", "dislike", "like", "fave", "play" etc. and there is one other button between "sync" and "tick" with no label (is that meant to be the "dot menu"?) that brings up a menu with the options "Add to collection", "Add to playlist", "Open", "Share" and "Sync".

From the thumbnail page I can right-click the poster and get pop-up menu with "Add to collection", "Add to playlist", "Open", "Play", "Share" and "Sync".

There's no edit menu anywhere that I can see.

That's all with the new user I just created (full defaults, I didn't change anything) as from what I can tell, the default admin user "emby" cannot access the media library; just the admin dashboard stuff.

edit: Oh sweet mother of...OK, NOW I see it! What had me thrown was the default admin user always going to the admin dashboard. As there was no link to the actual media portal, I assumed they didn't have access to that for some reason. Edited the URL and hey presto; I can now see "Edit".

Maybe worth adding a button to the main page of the dashboard that says "Media Portal"?

edit2: Sweet. Sorted and I'm really liking the way this looks.

Thanks! I shall return to my corner and be quiet now.

Edited by twistedLucidity

• Solution

you're not wasting my time at all. happy to help because it gives us good inside about whether changes need to be made. So the user will need to be an admin in order to be able to edit content. there is currently no separate setting to allow non admins to edit. 

• Like 1

twistedLucidity

And here's an odd thing - new VM, new install, same files....worked first time.

I'm blaming gremlins.

well, in any event, a lot of the UI to re-identify content has been revamped for the next release. i think people will find it much friendlier.