Error getting response from whatismyipaddress

revengineer

revengineer

On v3.0.5724.6 I see the error message below. I did not cancel the request and accessing the URL in question properly returns my external IP address. Bug or intentional?

2015-10-06 13:58:58.9664 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://bot.whatismyipaddress.com
2015-10-06 13:59:18.9676 Error - App: Error getting response from http://bot.whatismyipaddress.com
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5724.6
    Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
    System.Net.WebException
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
     at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Happy2Play

Since Emby is run as a service, was your network resources available when Emby launched?  Do you have the service set to automatic or delayed?

Edited by Happy2Play

revengineer

emby service is set to delayed start. Please also note that the server was last rebooted last week so network is long up and running.

revengineer

No problem, I just saw the error message and figured there must be some implication, i.e. remote access.