Emby for Kodi with Jarvis

jluce50

jluce50

I realize that Jarvis is not officially supported yet, but I also know that some people are using it. For some reason, I'm able to use 1.1.35 of the addon but with anything beyond that I get the follow error in the log.

File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\WriteKodiVideoDB.py", line 189, in addOrUpdateMovieToKodiLibrary                                                cursor.execute("SELECT idPath as pathid FROM path WHERE strPath = ?", (path,))
                                            OperationalError: no such table: path

I've reset the DBs, manually deleted them, etc. Are there any special steps I'm missing in order to get this working?

Angelblue05

Because the add-on is following the latest Jarvis nightly. Just update to it and you should stop getting the error. Obviously Jarvis is changing constantly so it's very normal that it will break. We will only start supporting Jarvis when it gets to RC (release candidate).

im85288

I realize that Jarvis is not officially supported yet, but I also know that some people are using it. For some reason, I'm able to use 1.1.35 of the addon but with anything beyond that I get the follow error in the log.

File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\WriteKodiVideoDB.py", line 189, in addOrUpdateMovieToKodiLibrary                                                cursor.execute("SELECT idPath as pathid FROM path WHERE strPath = ?", (path,))
                                            OperationalError: no such table: path

I've reset the DBs, manually deleted them, etc. Are there any special steps I'm missing in order to get this working?

Yes it's been mentioned multiple times and as a Developer I would hope you were aware of these things. If on Jarvis you should Always first try installing the latest nightly version of Kodi and then assure you have the latest version of the emby addon. If that combination does not work then there is indeed an issue. Currently though the latest and greatest work well together.

jluce50

I did some work on ffmpeg stuff, but that doesn't mean I have the time or inclination to stay completely in the loop with every development channel. I've tried various things I've found in various threads, including updating Jarvis, and they haven't worked for me, so I thought maybe I missed a step along the way. No harm, no foul.

im85288

Fair enough, there were a few threads here with similar information which would have helped in this scenario eg http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25998-1144-sync-problems/ 

Anyway for the next version of Kodi (17) I think we will just not support it at all until it hits RC to avoid these sort of questions/reports constantly popping up.

jluce50

Fair enough, there were a few threads here with similar information which would have helped in this scenario eg http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25998-1144-sync-problems/ 

Anyway for the next version of Kodi (17) I think we will just not support it at all until it hits RC to avoid these sort of questions/reports constantly popping up.

Thanks. I think that would be a good move. It's a bit ambiguous currently and a clear(er) line would be a good thing for everyone.

xnappo

Jarvis is going to be in beta for a long time more.  Jarvis is not supported, so honestly no one should bother posting if it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

MSattler

Jarvis is going to be in beta for a long time more.  Jarvis is not supported, so honestly no one should bother posting if it doesn't work. 

See my thread from last week.  As long as the best Emby supporting skin is based on the latest alpha builds of Kodi, this will continue to happen.