Controller Support (Xbox360)

buddyweiser

buddyweiser

Just curious if the new version of Emby Theater is going to support game controller's natively? I know that Kodi does, but given its roots thats not surprising.

buddyweiser

wel, the directionals should work out of the box

What would it take if someone were interested in developing a plug in for full controller support?

• Like 1

buddyweiser

look up xpadder in the meantime :)

(can even make profiles activated by certain applications, I.E. Emby Theater)

Alternative: http://keysticks.net/site/

Keysticks

I use xpadder currently for most applications, with their auto profile feature. However, I want to have separate controls for basic ET navigation, and for ET playback. I can solve this issue by using a external video player, but I lose the OSD from the internal ET player. Also, I would really like to make use of the xbox button, which xpadder does not allow programming of.

Aeolius

xbox button I'm not sure how to solve, but for the osd you can still bring it up with the controller so not sure why that is a limitation.

• 1 month later...

The new app will support game controllers, although initially generically. Meaning that the buttons it automatically selects for ok and back may or may not be the ones you want.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Aussiedroid

Just been testing the new ET and controller does work, although the button configuration is not ideal atm. Would be great to have these changed to something like this:

Triggers - Forward/Back Seek

Shoulder Buttons - Skip Forward/Back Chapter

Start - Settings Menu

Select - ? (Maybe add to queue/playlist or subtitle/audio track select or Home)

Analog Sticks - Navigation (currently only the D-Pad works)

A - OK/Enter/Play/Pause

B - Back (currently Select)

X - ?

Y - ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

The new app will support game controllers, although initially generically. Meaning that the buttons it automatically selects for ok and back may or may not be the ones you want.

@@Luke, Can we get a list of implemented controller buttons and their perspective ET commands? I'm trying to use xpadder in conjunction with this to add functionality, but I'm ending up with one button press resulting in multiple ET commands, causing ET to crash.

directionals, and then i think buttons 1+2 are OK and 3+4 are back. I think that's what I did. It is generic at this point so the mapping may or may not be desirable from one controller to the next.

buddyweiser

directionals, and then i think buttons 1+2 are OK and 3+4 are back. I think that's what I did. It is generic at this point so the mapping may or may not be desirable from one controller to the next.

I see, that's what was confusing me. So on an Xbox 360 controller, a and b are OK, and x and y are back. I naturally thought b would be back. When you say directionals, do you mean the D-pad on the xbox controller?

• 1 year later...
Takagi

Is there a way to turn this off? I like to watch movies while playing games on a second monitor and it's causing unwanted actions on emby, even when my game is in focus. Or maybe just a setting where it only accepts controller input if emby is in focus

buddyweiser

Hi @@Takagi, are you still seeing this? It should be resolved now. Thanks !

@@Luke I have just tested this, and there is still an issue. The controller does not control Emby Theater when the game is active. However, upon closing the game emulator (I have it setup when i press select while holding start on an XboxOne controller, it gives a key stroke of Alt+F4 to close the emulator), there are no controls using the gamepad. The keyboard works just fine. I have to actually minimize ET and maximize it again for ET to recognize gamepad controls. This is irritating because I use my xbox one gamepad for ET navigation as well. I am glad to do testing on this if you post back when you can look at it.

Ok, please try again with the next version of the app because the window management will have changed and that could have an effect on this. Thanks !