Can't get LiveTV to stream

moviefan

moviefan

Been trying to setup EmbyTV with the new server plugin.

Connected my HDHomerunPrime to my cable input and to my network.

Logged into Emby Server interface and LiveTV and it immediately detected it on the network.  I added it as a tuner.  I signed up for Schedules direct.  Everything appears to be working correctly.

I can open up the guide and it displays great.  But when I click to play via the web browser in Chrome it brings up the playing screen but just shows a plain black screen.

If I click back on the LiveTV settings section it shows in the tuner that I am watching the channel I chose but no clients are associated to it.

I've attached my server log here after a reboot and an attempt to play.  A transcode file was created as well but it has no data in it (0kb).

I used to have ServerWMC working but recently moved and havent tried setting it up since this method appears much cleaner and more responsive from the Guide perspective.

Edited by moviefan

double check the tuner ip address is correct, if not, fix it. other than that the log looks fine.

moviefan

Yes the IP address is correct per the HDHomerunPrime Config utility.  That also shows that it has been tuned in to the channel I selected via the Guide.

I guess I'll just go back to ServerWMC config unless someone has any other recommendations on how to fix this.

Anyone else having similar issues?

PhilWhite

Been trying to setup EmbyTV with the new server plugin.

Connected my HDHomerunPrime to my cable input and to my network.

Logged into Emby Server interface and LiveTV and it immediately detected it on the network.  I added it as a tuner.  I signed up for Schedules direct.  Everything appears to be working correctly.

I can open up the guide and it displays great.  But when I click to play via the web browser in Chrome it brings up the playing screen but just shows a plain black screen.

If I click back on the LiveTV settings section it shows in the tuner that I am watching the channel I chose but no clients are associated to it.

I've attached my server log here after a reboot and an attempt to play.  A transcode file was created as well but it has no data in it (0kb).

I used to have ServerWMC working but recently moved and havent tried setting it up since this method appears much cleaner and more responsive from the Guide perspective.

Can you stream to other clients?  I've encountered a similar problem streaming to the web client -- black screen, then 'video playback error'.  It will engage one of the tuners but nothing streams in the web client.  If I repeat the process it engages a second, third, fourth tuner but still nothing in the web client.  I have to reboot the HDHR devices to free them.

But I have no problems streaming to the Fire TV or recording.

moviefan

Good suggestion.  I hadn't tried anything else but I did just try my Roku3.  The screen says retrieving for about 30 seconds with this method and then just goes back to the channel selection screen without doing anything.

I'll try resetting everything back up with ServerWMC now and see if that works better.

PhilWhite

Not a DRM protected channel is it?

Definite possibility since there is a Prime involved.

I also had to restart my server a few times after initially setting up but it has been pretty stable since then.

moviefan

So after some further troubleshooting the issue was with Comcast changing my activation when I moved.  

All working now with the Emby TV plugin!

moviefan

I have been testing this over the past few days since I resolved the Comcast issues and the performance is really pretty poor compared to what it used to be.

Is there a way to get Emby to stop autodetecting the HDHomeRun Prime tuner so that I can setup ServerWMC and not have it use this method?

moviefan

if you need to use a tv plugin because we don't have guide data for you, then that's one thing, but you're not going to see better performance by sticking a plugin in the middle.

How to report a problem

Ok thanks for the feedback.  Basically each time I use the feature as it stands right now the stream eventually locks up.  It never lasts more than a few minutes before doing this so it's pretty unusable this way.

I started messing around with HDHomeRun View yesterday seeing if it had the same behavior and it actually did so I was about to open a support case on their site but I started reading over some of their FAQ and they stated they are having issues with HD channels and this program right now.

So just to make sure it was definitely a problem with the tuner I loaded up the same channel on the same computer using WMC and it played flawlessly.  No stuttering, no freezing.  And it just kept going.  This is what made me think that ServerWMC might perform better and not have these issues.

I will try it out anyway to see if it is better and I can try to get you some logs running it both ways if you are willing to take a look at them.

Edited by moviefan