Eratic watched status

navyrazorback

navyrazorback

To start off I am using Emby server on Windows 10 and the Kodi beta client on AFTV.

I have a number of shows (both old and recent) that keep getting the watch status reset.  Almost every day when I log onto either the server or the client a random number of shows are again marked as un-watched.  I reset the Kodi DB when it was requested as instructed.  Below is what I have found from my troubleshooting.

It is not always the same shows everyday, but tends to be the same episodes.  One day show A, B, C, D will have 3-7 episodes changed, the next day it might only be A, C, D and so on.

When I look at the .nfo's the "accurate" episodes have the long (20+) line file.  The shows that are wrong only have a 5-6 line .nfo.  When I use the metadata manager it updates the .nfo to the long version.  Sometime during the night/day until I login again the nfo reverts/gets changed back to the short .nfo with the wrong watched status.

This happens when the AFTV is not logged into Kodi (or at least not that profile) so I do not think it is the client as it properly sends the watched data to the server.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?  I can attach a log file, but all I have seen is emby updating from the .nfo. 

Does anyone know how to track what has made changes to the .nfo?  Could Sonar be the culprit?  I just don't know why emby would ever overwrite the .nfo to one containing much less information.

Yes, it is Sonarr. We narrowed this down the other day thanks to the help of another member. When Sonarr overwrites the nfo it is not preserving the watched data. Then Emby sees the that the file has changed and ends up importing an nfo with empty watched data.