Not avaliable on iPhone

Techie-v2

Techie-v2

Hi, my wife has recently got an iphone 6 and the media browser client page on itunes is saying the app is not supported on iphones, only ipads.

She had it on her previous iphone and i have read other posts by users who obviously have it on an iphone 6. She is tunning ios 9. It works on her ipad on ios9.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

AdrianW

There will be a new version of the app released soonish - you should wait for that one, it will support iPods, iPhones and iPads. When it's available you'll need to look for "emby" in the app store. The old one isn't supported any longer.

In the mean time, you can use the webUI in safari, and save a link to your homescreen for quick access.

Techie-v2

Thanks for the reply, yes I am aware there is a new one in development.

No ideas why the old one says this though as as far as im aware you cant stream to chromecast using safari on iphone, which is what my wife does.

Thanks

AdrianW

as as far as im aware you cant stream to chromecast using safari on iphone, which is what my wife does.

The select player icon appears in Safari on my iPod and it works as far as I can tell (I don't have a chromecast but I can cast to other devices).

No ideas why the old one says this though as as far as im aware you cant stream to chromecast using safari on iphone, which is what my wife does.

Not sure about iOS9, but I can stream Emby media through Safari to either my Chromecast or Roku device using my iPad Air on iOS8

Edited by Tharnax

overClocked!

Hi, my wife has recently got an iphone 6 and the media browser client page on itunes is saying the app is not supported on iphones, only ipads.

She had it on her previous iphone and i have read other posts by users who obviously have it on an iphone 6. She is tunning ios 9. It works on her ipad on ios9.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

Hello.  There were previously 2 different Media Browser iOS apps created by third party developers.  The original one "Media Browser for iOS"  for iPhone / iPod Touch is no longer available in the AppStore.  However, if your wife had previously synced it to her iTunes Library (recommended) and hasn't deleted it, it will still be there and available to re-install on her new iPhone.  I still have it installed and shows on my iPhone 6 as "MB Mobile" and it does work for playing video movie files.  However, that client is outdated and has no support for LiveTV, Music, or Photos.  

The other App is called "MediaBrowser Client" and it is an iPad ONLY app, so you will not see it available to install on an iPhone or even an iPhone 6 Plus.  It, too, is outdated and has no support for LiveTV, Music, or Photos.

If you do not have the app in your iTunes Library, Safari (or Chrome for iOS) is going to be your best bet until the new universal app is released in the AppStore.