Fire TV have subtitle or audio option?

rafinha

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy the new Fire TV device, and I would like to know if is possible change/enable/disable subtitles or change the audio in case the movie have dual audio.

This options are available on Fire TV app?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
dennyreiter

Is there an option for this when viewing live TV?  All I have been able to find is an audio delay option.  I have a weird issue.  I have an HDHomerun HDHR4-2US tuner, which is working great with Emby (Thanks!)  I'm using a Roku HD, a Roku Stick, and an Amazon AFTS.  The issue is when watching the NFL on our local Fox station.  On both of the Rokus, audio is in English.  On the AFTS the commentators are all in Spanish.  This is the only program so far I've found with this issue.

I wasn't sure if turning on debug logging would help or not.  I'm running Emby on an Ubuntu server.

Thanks

dennyreiter

Do you get a speaker icon in the OSD?

No, I do not.  Below the progress bar, I get a slider icon which pops up audio delay, but that is it.  The menu icon pulls the guide back up.

Then that means that we do not have any information on any other audio tracks within the stream and cannot switch them.  Is it transcoding or direct streaming?

Make sure your language and subtitle settings on the server are what you think they should be.  Check things like the option to always play the default track regardless of language and such.

dennyreiter

Then that means that we do not have any information on any other audio tracks within the stream and cannot switch them.  Is it transcoding or direct streaming?

Make sure your language and subtitle settings on the server are what you think they should be.  Check things like the option to always play the default track regardless of language and such.

It is direct streaming.  I might be thick, but where are the language and subtitle settings on the server?  I'm running on Ubuntu, if that makes a difference.  I guess the most confusing is that it is English on the Roku, so perhaps the Amazon Fire is doing something weird?

dennyreiter

I pulled it up at the same time on my ANdroid phone using the app, and I do get an Audio Track option, but it only shows ac3.  Both Subtitles and Quality are greyed out. But it is playing Spanish also!

dennyreiter

I get English on my laptop from the web interface, and I can throw it to my Chromecast, which seems to create a transcode log.  I'm rubbish at reading this stuff, but I see where it shows 2 audio streams, but both marked as english?

Stream #0:1[0x34](eng): Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s
    Stream #0:2[0x35](eng): Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s

Would it be better for me to create a separate topic for this?

Thanks,

Denny

User preferences / playback on the web client.

But the issue may be the fact it is direct streaming and wwe don't have the necessary information to switch audio streams. Try turning off the option in the app to direct stream live tv just to see if that works.

cdmatter

I have a Nvidia Shield (based on Android TV) and a Nexus 6, where can I find these setting to disable direct streaming?  Or are these in the web client for each device?  If so, could you please point me to where these setting are, I cannot find them.

In the Emby App settings there is an option to allow Live TV to direct stream.  Try turning that off and see if it then plays the proper track.

If that works, it must mean that the channel is delivering the Spanish track as the default in its direct stream.

• 5 months later...
Spykez0129

Just a bump but I just switched over from that pile of junk Plex. So far I'm digging this and already streaming stuff that is being a pain on Plex.

(using a Fire TV)

So anywho, I don't see this option to do subtitles when watching a movie. Pausing it or hitting the menu button doesn't show anything?

[edit] NVM! Discovered subtitles weren't auto being downloaded but you have a nice way of easily downloading them manually. Why have I been dealing with Plex's garbage for so long :')

Edited by Spykez0129
  • Like 1