Combined Episodes being an issue..

Tolerant

Tolerant

I am seeing a problem with episodes that are combined. For a random example, lets say Masterchef episode 19-20 is combined into a 2 hour finale for the season, Emby sees and displays this as Episode 19 ONLY and yet the title is correctly showing both titles. The problem is that I cannot "Check" episode 20 as having been watched.  I do NOT want to enable "missing episodes", for a couple of reasons. I don't like having season posters for seasons that I do not have. Example.. South Park just started season 19.. so I dont want posters for seasons 1-18 hanging around hoping it will allow me to see a missing episode of MasterChef that is NOT missing just combined. .. So I guess my question is.. can someone work on multiple episode handling so Emby actually sees an episode listed as "Masterchef S08E19-E20" to actually SHOW that Emby has BOTH of the episodes and allow me to flag both as watched instead of only showing episode 19 and ignoring episode 20?

Thanks.

AdrianW

I think you must be talking about the current version of Emby Theatre - that's probably the only client that does that.

The WebUI and EMC (Emby for Media Center) show both episode numbers and the upcoming new Emby Theatre also shows both numbers.

Tolerant

Actually no. I am talking about the web client for the release version of Emby v3.0.5724.3, sorry for not mentioning that. When I go into Season level of a series, it is only showing as mentioned, ep 19 not 20 when it is a combined 19-20. The only place I can actually see a 20 is on the "upcoming" episodes page.

AdrianW

I wonder if it's your file naming convention.

I used the format ...S08E19E20... and these are picked up and display as "S08,E19-20" in the WebUI (but only as a single video)

Tolerant

I wonder if it's your file naming convention.

I used the format ...S08E19E20... and these are picked up and display as "S08,E19-20" in the WebUI (but only as a single video)

My filename structure is close to yours except there is a - in it.   Showname - S06E19-E20 - Episodename.mp4  

My problem is that on "Upcoming" I see the single episode 20 but cannot check it as watched because someone took out the ability to interact with anything on that page, and yet since it doesn't show up in my season listing I can't check it as watched there either.

Edited by Tolerant

Tolerant

if you are using an external metadata program, it is up to them to fill in the episode range in the metadata file. otherwise with emby services it should just work out of the box.

See

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

Can you give me an example of what the xml entry needs to look like when I am using the supported format of S01E01-E02 because something isn't right if I should be seeing episode 20 in my season listing of content. Thanks.

i don't have a sample file on hand, but in addition to the regular episode number field, there is EpisodeNumberEnd, which is the ending episode number. i am guessing your metadata files don't have that.

Tolerant

i don't have a sample file on hand, but in addition to the regular episode number field, there is EpisodeNumberEnd, which is the ending episode number. i am guessing your metadata files don't have that.

I added that tag into the .nfo and rescanned and no change, still not seeing episode 20 being mentioned / shown

<episode>19</episode>

<EpisodeNumberEnd>20</EpisodeNumberEnd>

Edited by Tolerant

AdrianW

Just to be clear, in Emby it won't show as two separate episodes - it will show as one with a double episode name (e.g. S08,E19-20).

Tolerant

Just to be clear, in Emby it won't show as two separate episodes - it will show as one with a double episode name (e.g. S08,E19-20).

2nlwy1z.jpg

AdrianW

What I meant was - when it is working correctly it will show as a single episode with a double name. Something about yours is not working correctly.

What tool do you use to build your XML? I use metabrowser and it correctly populates the XML for double episodes.

When I get home, I'll post the XML content of an example from my collection.

Edited by AdrianW

Tolerant

What I meant was - when it is working correctly it will show as a single episode with a double name. Something about yours is not working correctly.

What tool do you use to build your XML? I use metabrowser and it correctly populates the XML for double episodes.

When I get home, I'll post the XML content of an example from my collection.

I use Media Center Master to move the files into the correct places and get the metadata. Thanks, I would appreciate seeing what's missing so that can be corrected on MCM's end if that is the issue. So far adding the other tag didn't fix it.

Happy2Play

@@Tolerant

I have to do a refresh in Emby (for episode) or manually add  <EpisodeNumberEnd></EpisodeNumberEnd> since MCM doesn't include this.

55fc6f018ca2c_multi.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Tolerant

@@Tolerant

I have to do a refresh in Emby (for episode) or manually add  <EpisodeNumberEnd></EpisodeNumberEnd> since MCM doesn't include this.

Thanks, a Refresh worked. Strange that editing the .nfo and rescanning didn't work after manually entering that tag.