EMby/Kodi concerts

skank

I have a few dvd/bluray concerts.

In kodi they are nicely scraped

In emby a lot less lol

How do i scrape them correctly?

As movies? or as musicvideo?

I tried musicvideo but that doesnt give me satisfying results

I'm a bit withdrawn to set as movies, cause i dont want it to be part of my movies in kodi

So my question is, how do i do this, so it comes in kodi as "concerts"?

Thx in advance

Scott84Z28

Most concerts DVDs that I have do have an imdb themmoviedb ID (treated like movies).  If you can find that then it should scrap whatever metadata is available.

Most concerts DVDs that I have do have an imdb themmoviedb ID (treated like movies).  If you can find that then it should scrap whatever metadata is available.

But then i need to set it as movies, and it will populate in movies,. 

That i dont want to

In your user display settings your can choose which media locations will be grouped or display separately

This is for the server part or client part?

It works with kodi?

In kodi you must setup your shortcuts manually depending on the skin, so in kodi you can set it up how ever you wish

No not for concerts, that's auto-filled with musicvideos..

So it wont autofill then

So in short,

When i chose in emby that my concerts are musicvideos, it wont scrape all but it will fill my shortcuts auto

When i chose movie in emby, it will scrape all, but wont fill my shorcuts automatically 

Lol

So perhaps add support for this?

Angelblue05

@@skank

Whichever type (movies or musicvideos) will scrape the proper information in. In your emby dashboard > click on your user icon in the top right corner > settings > Home screen settings > My views > Make sure your concerts section is unchecked so they don't get merged with others of the same content type (for example: if your concerts are movie type, and the option is checked, it would merge your concerts with the rest of your movies).

Once you have everything properly set in your Emby server (I've replied to your other thread about your tags), you will need to do a reset resync of your library.

• Like 1

@@skank

Whichever type (movies or musicvideos) will scrape the proper information in. In your emby dashboard > click on your user icon in the top right corner > settings > Home screen settings > My views > Make sure your concerts section is unchecked so they don't get merged with others of the same content type (for example: if your concerts are movie type, and the option is checked, it would merge your concerts with the rest of your movies).

Once you have everything properly set in your Emby server (I've replied to your other thread about your tags), you will need to do a reset resync of your library.

i did this and it works within emby now (they are separate)

however in kodi, those concerts are together with my movies now :( unless i put them as music video but then it doenst scrape correctly

Angelblue05

Use the proper movies shortcut. The kodi shortcuts will include everything type "movies" while the emby shortcut provided by the add-on will split your content how you have it in your Emby server.

Edited by Angelblue05

Use the proper movies shortcut. The kodi shortcuts will include everything type "movies" while the emby shortcut provided by the add-on will split your content how you have it in your Emby server.

Ah , how do i do this?

Angelblue05

Go into your skin settings (settings > appearance > skin settings), find the menu that allows you to change your home shortcuts, then point the menu to video add-ons > emby > movies. You may also need to create a playlist if the skin doesn't allow video nodes (videos > playlists > smart playlist > filter using tags is - and select the relevant ones)

Go into your skin settings (settings > appearance > skin settings), find the menu that allows you to change your home shortcuts, then point the menu to video add-ons > emby > movies. You may also need to create a playlist if the skin doesn't allow video nodes (videos > playlists > smart playlist > filter using tags is - and select the relevant ones)

Aha i need to point to video addons.. didnt know that

I thought it would just auto build under the normal "movies" "tvshows" "concerts" etc etc

The skin does allow video nodes, but i have never worked with it

so i need nodes? how does this work thne?

Angelblue05

No, no autofill. The video nodes are your Emby library sections. If you want to keep the same structure as in Emby, then it's just a matter of pointing your shortcut directly to them.

If not, you can use playlists using tags is, and you'll see the same library sections as tags, which you can combine then with other rules in the smart playlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1