Titles sorted by the word "The"

lifespeed
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lifespeed
  After I installed Emby Theater I notice movie titles are being sorted by the word "the".  I have metadata scraped using Media Center Master.  As seen below the field SortTitle lists the word "the" in first position.  The folder is name "Fifth Element, The" per Media Center Master behavior.

Emby for WMC sorted correctly.  Does Emby Theater require that Emby Server collect the metadata, will it format it differently?  Anybody know the solution for this issue?

<LocalTitle>The Fifth Element</LocalTitle>
  <OriginalTitle>The Fifth Element (1997)</OriginalTitle>
  <SortTitle>The Fifth Element</SortTitle>

• Solution

If an external metadata program populates sorttitle then that is the value we use for sorting. Mcm should either leave it blank or remove the word the

• Like 1

You'll have to change your sort title element to read like this:

<SortTitle>Fifth Element, The</SortTitle>

Or you can set Media Center Master how I have mine set, and it will do it automatically in the metadata:

55f4fc5c923b6_snip1.png

Edited by wiretap

lifespeed

Thanks guys.  It appears Media Center Master is configured correctly, but some metadata was stale.

Any opinions on MCM vs the built-in metadata scraper in Emby server?

Deathsquirrel

Thanks guys.  It appears Media Center Master is configured correctly, but some metadata was stale.

Any opinions on MCM vs the built-in metadata scraper in Emby server?

If you're only using Emby and only using MCM for scraping metadata, there isn't any reason to use MCM.  If you need other formats or use MCM's other features then you may still want to use it for scraping.

Ian-Highlander

I was previously a paid up MCM user, but Emby does a great job with the metadata so I never renewed my MCM subscription and haven't looked back to it at all.

lifespeed

I was previously a paid up MCM user, but Emby does a great job with the metadata so I never renewed my MCM subscription and haven't looked back to it at all.

Any suggestions on the conversion process?  I have a few obscure titles that won't scrape, so I'll probably want to keep the metadata as is.  Does emby support this?  For the titles that will have metadata available, what is the process for converstion from MCM to  Emby metadata?