New EmbyTV on FreeNAS

dambrosioj

dambrosioj

I see the latest version of Emby for FreeNAS is 3.0.5675.1.  Is there anyway we can get the new released version with the new live tv in it for hdhomeruns?

josh4trunks

I have a plugin of version 3.0.5724.3 built (I think) but on the Help > About screen it is showing "Version 3.0.5675.1". I wanted to confirm this was a bug before I pushed out the update.

PhilWhite

Thanks again, Luke and Josh, eagerly awaiting release.   I can't imagine what else you can do to improve the server, but I'm sure you'll come up with something.

dambrosioj

I have a plugin of version 3.0.5724.3 built (I think) but on the Help > About screen it is showing "Version 3.0.5675.1". I wanted to confirm this was a bug before I pushed out the update.

I'm sure its a bug. Easiest way to test is the new version has the new live tv stuff built in for hdhomerun the current version on freenas doesn't.

I would love to have the new version :) dying to upgrade to windows 10 and I need the live tv

josh4trunks

I'm sure its a bug. Easiest way to test is the new version has the new live tv stuff built in for hdhomerun the current version on freenas doesn't.

I would love to have the new version :) dying to upgrade to windows 10 and I need the live tv

it's available

don't die while upgrading to windows 10, I don't think cortana can call 911 yet

PhilWhite

Thanks Josh.  I have a problem adding Schedules Direct with the FreeNAS version.  I can enter all of the information on the Live TV page, but it doesn't seem to save it permanently and I don't see any guide data.  I'll keep trying.

Bigger problem -- I stopped and restarted the server to see if that would help and I lost all of my media -- it no longer displays any of my movies, music, etc.  Not sure what is going on with it, still working on it.

ETA:  Never mind, turned it off and on again and everything is back.  Now I'll play with Live TV

OK, it took three tries, but it finally accepted all info for schedules direct and is refreshing the guide.

Not sure why it needed all that but it works now -- disregard all above

Edited by PhilWhite

PhilWhite

OK, real problem.  Not sure if this is due to the FreeNAS version or the new server itself, though I did not see this with the alpha or beta version of the server.  I am watching  a show and trying to tape it at the same time and Emby TV is not using any of the tuners to tape it.  I can provide logs if needed.

Edited by PhilWhite

PhilWhite

Recording will not even set.

ETA:  What I have seen throughout the day is that if a tuner is active I cannot set a recording while something is playing and I cannot record two things at once.  I will play with it more tomorrow.  I don't know why it would be an issue with the FreeNAS version as opposed to the generic server, but I didn't see any of these problems with the final version of the server on Windows.

ETAETA; Restarted the server and now it is recording.  I'll wait to see how long this works, but 3 or 4 minutes and everything stable. 

Update, everything working well but I had to restart the server to make it work while watching at the same time (using SD to watch while recording from Emby).

Live TV while taping just doesn't work.  I don't like the SD solution for many reasons, especially for live TV (since the Kodi version results in frequent cacheing), but all I can see out of the FreeNAS version of the server is a minute or two of watching while recording(on two different devices) before I see a video replay error and then nothing.

Edited by PhilWhite

PhilWhite

Josh, thanks for the update.

But I run into the same problem with .4 as with .3 -- I can't play two streams at the same time.  The second stream will start, then it will freeze, then the first stream stops and I see a video replay error.  I can restart one stream on one tuner.

I haven't tried using multiple devices yet with the FreeNAS server version since I can't yet get two tuners on one device to work reliably.

josh4trunks

@@PhilWhite,

I'm not sure what is causing your issue as I'm not much a developer as a packager of FreeNAS plugins.

Can you isolate if this happens to emby in a FreeBSD jail using ports / pkg?

Please post logs we can see what is happening.

PhilWhite

OK, will do when I get a chance.  Turns out not to be a significant problem, though, since it looks like it only impacts playing two streams live, which I will probably never do.  I only used that to test since I was worried about recording more than one show at a time.

I recorded several programs yesterday, two sets that ran back to back and another concurrent show.  Everything recorded perfectly, so it clearly uses more than one tuner at a time. 

For some reason I had trouble recording earlier, but I think something may have happened downloading the plugin initially.  I erased the original plugin a few times and started from scratch and recordings work well now.

sluggo45

Do a quick test with the Windows version of the server if you can, just the TV portion of it, and see if you have the same problems. Should be easy to do if you are using a network tuner like the HDHR series.

PhilWhite

I had no problems with the Windows version.  The biggest issue I had with the FreeNAS version initially was that everything was slow to load and update, but it appears very stable now (and I suspect that much of that issue was due to using Windows 10 to access the webgui).  I can clearly record from two tuners at the same time now.

I decided to give it a day and I will check tonight.  Might just be one of those things -- needed time to settle in.

I don't anticipate ever watching two streams at the same time anyway.  This setup is just for OTA; I mainly plan to record with it.  Looks like this is my goto DVR again.  But with the new developments with the Fire TV app it will likely be my goto Live TV approach as well.

PhilWhite

I hope this is the correct log: server-63577353636.txt 

Looked like the right time.

I started playing a TV channel with the Fire TV app and then started another with the android app on my phone.  The channel on the Fire TV stopped playing and gave me a video playback error.

PhilWhite

I ran into problems getting guide data to load yesterday, but it worked when I re-entered my schedules direct info.  This morning, again no guide data and I get a message "there was a problem loading tv lineups.... make sure your information is correct"  The information is all correct.  It won't allow me to add attena as the tv lineup.

Is there something wrong with Schedules Direct again?

ETA:  Changed Schedules Direct password and it still doesn't work.

ETA:  Works now, though.  I assume Schedules Direct fixed their server problem?

Edited by PhilWhite

after installing the latest version 3.0.5724.4 my complete media folder is empty and I cannot locate any films. 

Also after adding new film -scannin libraray does not work. 

I still can see my collections, but all the content is empty... 

any ideas ?

UPDATE: after several reboots and complete rescanning of the library works - so seems to be solved ... anyway strange...

post-38299-0-17521700-1441907232_thumb.jpg

Edited by cherup

after installing the latest version 3.0.5724.4 my complete media folder is empty and I cannot locate any films. 

Also after adding new film -scannin libraray does not work. 

I still can see my collections, but all the content is empty... 

any ideas ?

UPDATE: after several reboots and complete rescanning of the library works - so seems to be solved ... anyway strange...

Please provide the server log:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

thanks.

PhilWhite

What happens when you exit the web client and come back to it?  Do collections and playlists show up then?  I noticed a problem adding collections initially since nothing was showing up in the web client when I started the server on my FreeNAS box, but it seemed to be a problem actually with the changes showing up in the web client for some reason.  Exiting the web client and returning showed the new additions.

Don't know if you are seeing the same thing, but it's worth a try.