Music folder not showing files

powerbygood

powerbygood

Hey guys.

Recently got into Emby. Love it so far and everything works when I sync my movie/tv show folders. But when I added my music folder full of mp3s I don't see anything via web client as the folder shows it is empty. My emby server is hosted with ubuntu 14.04. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys.

Recently got into Emby. Love it so far and everything works when I sync my movie/tv show folders. But when I added my music folder full of mp3s I don't see anything via web client as the folder shows it is empty. My emby server is hosted with ubuntu 14.04. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you provide a screenshot of your music library configuration, trigger a library refresh and post Emby server logs after it finishes?

Also make sure that your music folders have the right permissions for Emby to access the file and folders.

If you can post also the output of a directory listing of your music folder that would help. Replace <path_to_your_music_folder> with the actual path to the folder where your music files reside, for example: "/media/music".

$ ls -l <path_to_your_music_folder>
Edited by fc7

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest you to start by updating Emby to the latest stable version. That would be 3.0.5724.5.

This should solve the constant exception you are seeing in the logs regarding missing fonts and give us a cleaner log.

Second point, you should set the content type for your music library to music. Right now, according to your screenshot the library content type is not set at all ("Unset")

Also, preferably after upgrading Emby, I will ask you to share the output of the following commands with us, save them to a text file and attach them to the thread, please don't post the text directly.

$ ps aux | grep emby
$ ls -lR /home/dream

Thanks.