Emby for Kodi Beta - Slow to start

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

I use the emby kodi plugin on a raspberry pi 2 with multiple accounts setup within kodi. There is a screensaver plugin that logs users out after a period of inactivity.

What i have noticed with this setup is that when a user logs in, the plugin sometimes takes a long time to start (30 - 60 seconds). If i only have one user account then Emby pops up instantly. 

It isn't causing a problem, I was just wondering if there was any way to speed it up or why there is even any difference? 

CBers

I've noticed on my Nexus Player and my Fire TV that it takes almost 10 seconds to start, according to the log.

Not sure what it waits for, as the Kodi UI is usable at that point.

runtimesandbox

I have been using the beta version as the incremental sync works brilliantly. 

Which logs would you need to from the pi? :)

Angelblue05

The Kodi log should do, make sure to have the add-on debug set to info. There's a sticky in our Kodi forum how to report a problem. You can check it if you need help with setting/getting your logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

runtimesandbox

Have set debug to info - attached is URL to log.

I have used OSMC built in log uploader that seems to have included the emby log as i couldn't get the kodi log uploader to work. Let me know if this is not correct

http://paste.osmc.io/votulekiye

EDIT: forgot to say, the log is after a fresh reboot. I sign in to one account and wait, then sign in to the other and wait for emby to pop up. It's also inconsistent as to whether it shows the movies cover art or not when it is waiting for Emby to start

UI is fully browseable whilst you have to wait

KODI Version: 15.1
EMBY Version: 1.1.35

Edited by spudy12

Angelblue05

This is the weirdest Kodi log I've seen thus far lol. Anyway, I looked at the emby part and it always loads in 4 secs, so something else must be causing this delay you are seeing. I keep seeing lines like the following. Could you enable this time, Kodi debug so we see what Kodi is doing? Thanks, you can disable info log for the emby add-on for this new log.

20:45:15 10217.786133 T:1529869344 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(7): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
20:45:15 10217.973633 T:1529869344  NOTICE: OSMC settings sending response, script.module.osmcsetting.updates
20:45:15 10217.974609 T:1529869344  NOTICE: OSMC settings sent response, script.module.osmcsetting.updates
Edited by Angelblue05

crystalgipsy

I am also experiencing slow connection to the server on start up on FireTV . I'll look to create a log tonight if I can.

Edited by crystalgipsy

Angelblue05

I don't understand what's happening to your Kodi. It seems to install all your add-ons, then uninstall them, then install them again. I've seen mention that it's not able to find your kodi\addons directory so maybe a corrupted Kodi install at this point? Maybe you can try to reinstall Kodi or ask on their forums what could cause this issue. Our Emby add-on, once initiated by Kodi, loaded in 4 seconds so it's not a problem with us.

• Like 1

runtimesandbox

Hmmm, as I said above i haven't had any problems - just the slow to start issue. Worst I measured was around 30 seconds but rest of the time its pretty consistent at about 10 seconds. 

@@CBers do you have any logs?

CBers

Have you tried reinstalling OSMC on your Pi?

So you're switching accounts before Emby starts?

I'll get a log posted later.

Edited by CBers

runtimesandbox

Yes these logs are from 2 seperate Pi's with fresh install of OSMC. 

I use profiles in kodi. Emby runs after a profile is selected and signs in

runtimesandbox

Still having this issue. Doesn't seem to be a corrupt install as I have tried a couple of fresh install 

It's just the Emby addon being slow to connect to the server as far as I can tell. Interface is browsable whilst you wait for it to pop up with the "Welcome xxxx" message from Emby.