Collection Coverart Cut off after Update to 3.0.5724.3 Stable

shorty1483

shorty1483

@@ebr @@Luke

Today when I updated the Server to the above version, all my Collections started to look like the attached Screenshot on all of my HTML based Clients (Android, WebClient on Chrome, Firefox). Before, the Covers were fitting in the designated field. On Samsung TV, everything looks as it needs to be.

Curiously, this occured just on the first collection page (1-100), when I switched to page 2 (101-X), the covers are normal... Now to the funny thing: When I change the order from ascending to descending, the different covers on Page 2 are also not cropped even they were cropped on Page 1 before changing the order. :D When changing to sorting by added Date, suddenly all Covers are well sized on Page 1 and cropped on Page 2, so the behaviour is the other way around than described above.

The oversizing occurs on all types of Coverart Options (Stacked, SideCase, ClearCase etc...), even they look fine in Metadata Manager.

Refreshing does not help. Activate of keeping original aspect ratio does totally screw up the sizes. It seems that Covers from Fanart.tv (1000x1426) are treated right after changing it to the preferred Picture Downloader. But themoviedb Posters (1000x1500) or greater resolutions are sized to big. When manually upload 1000x1426 resized pic to Metadata Manager, it's also not working.

Something is really wrong (at least just on my machine?) with the first page of collections in realtions to the different calls for sorting.

Edited by shorty1483

I think this is more a function of the app that is displaying the images rather than the images themselves.

shorty1483

I think this is more a function of the app that is displaying the images rather than the images themselves.

Since Samsung TV shows the images right, I guess too. Seems a problem with HTML based apps (Web Client and Android to be specific).

I hope @@Luke has a clue whats going on. Perhaps because of the several Layout changes in the last versions. Had that problem once before in a beta (dunno which :D) but restoring a partition backup and upgrading again with the Installer from Homepage fixed it.

shorty1483

@ebr 

Did you change something related to problem above in Coverart 4.0.8.9?

I upgraded, changed one cover just for fun and bam, all covers lloking nice again...

shorty1483

No.  So I'm not sure what was going on there...

The only part of the Emby Environment which is somewhat magically to me is the Coverart treatment and generation  :P  :D

Edited by shorty1483