HDHR Prime + Linux = All Channels?

blubyu3049

blubyu3049

I am very curious about the HDHR Prime.  I am running emby on a Linux box.  Everything I am reading says that I need to have a windows box in order to receive all of the channels from the HDHR Prime.  By all the channels, I mean all the channels that are copy protected.  Is this true?  If I set up and configure the HDHR Prime on my emby server, will I only be able to see the non copy protected channels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

The new built-in Live TV requires HDHR models that have the Dlna feature. Yours does not, but we still have options for you. In the Live TV config page, click Add Tuner -> Other. You can choose from 5 plugins and I'm sure they all support your tuner.

The operating system that Emby Server is running on doesn't matter.

blubyu3049

Well I actually don't have an HDHR Prime device yet :)  I wanted to make sure that I would be able to view all of the channels. Am I right in guessing that since emby is a DLNA client it has DCTIP-IP suppport and that is how you are able to see all of the copy protected channels?

No, copy-protected channels will not be available.  To my knowledge, only WMC can play those.

Edit:  More correctly, you will be able to "see" them in the guide.  You just won't be able to play them :).