Theme's

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Would it be possible to make the standard Roku app theme-able? I love the look of Blue Neon Night by @@speechles but I don't want to have to install multiple Roku app's and confuse the Wife and Kids. "Happy Wife Happy Life."

Thanks for all the team does and because of this software I have been able to return my two DVR boxes from my cable provider. 

• Like 1

What an interesting idea, but hard because I've made changes to the core application, outside of what would be considered "the theme". It would be impossible to add my changes as a theme in the standard official app. But.. What if, this version were to adopt the standard theme too, as well?

4e686a51b61bb989bee9dca167b8bef7.jpg

0762f11e0b8b2cdd92e87483432ea4a7.jpg

@@mediacowboy

Now this is kind-of, well, very hacky but working perfectly. It isnt using lukes custom theme loader. This is literally both themes in the application at the same time (hence the size of the zip is rather large). Normally you cant theme this way, but with some creative coding and testing several methods I've figured it out.

You can switch freely between theme at whim. Let me know if you spot any issues you may see in either themes. Links for roku and nowtv are in the first post of http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-Theme:-blue-neon-night&do=findComment&comment=243594

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

Found a problem with the filter overlays, and slices used for seasons. The images were being confused because this isnt supposed to be possible, changing the themes this way.

Hard-coded urls directly into standard theme template and now it seems to look identical to the standard screens in every detail. So reget the zip, or if using the private channel link update your roku and it will auto update.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-Theme:-blue-neon-night&do=findComment&comment=243594

Sometimes it may show the wrong placeholder for an item as well, the image that appears before it loads the actual image that goes there. The interim image is incorrect for the chosen theme. The official roku version suffers from this too. It will at times use the stock placeholders, rather than the ones from its default theme. This is a bug in the roku itself. To fix it just "sign out", and immediately sign back in, and in recreating the facade it will correct the placeholder bug. Once again, This is a bug in the roku firmware, not the app. Even the latest firmware update that happened yesterday still suffers this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles