Library coming from kodi

skank

Trying to setup my emby server.

But i got problems with populating library

How i did it before emby

I used ember media manager to create nfo files, and jpg files for backdrops, fanart etc etc, with correct naming for kodi

Those were all stored in the movie folders..

Then on kodi, the library was created perfectly with those nfo's.

Now i tried emby on unraid.

However,, it really annoys me i cant get a good library

Some things arent extracted

Is this cause i already done earlier with nfo files?

If i click scan folders for library it says its finished, but 80% of my library has open fields

Then i have to rescan movie per movie individually to get all metadata

Eveen 3d iso files, retrieving metadata, doesnt work, it doesnt tell me its 3d nor does it tell if its 5.1 or 7.1 with those iso files

Do i have to restart from 0? And delete all nfo files and jpg files in my movie folders? And rescan from 0?

Or can i do a rescan for all my movies, but then how?

I had high hopes for emby, but so far, it really lacks to me .

It sounded better than scraping from kodi etc but in my opinion it lacks..

Hope you can help

Vidman

Have you tried doing things the other way round ie let emby do the initial scanning? Or are you only using emby now? As I believe emby will not grab internet metadata if it find local data first (tho I'm not 100% this is still the case) also you will probably not have much luck getting media info from isos as it is a bit and miss affair

You can rescan all movies in the metadata editor select the root movie folder and select refresh all

Edited by Vidman

I'm planning to only use emby. Didnt try other way round yet, cause that would mean i have to clean my whole unraid server.. thats quite a bit

I might give it a shot, only withdrawn are the iso..

Rescanning all movies, i tried but it doesnt do anything (it doesnt fill in the empty spaces)

But you are only using emby now for any new additions? Is it working OK with new items with no existing metadata?

Havent tried that.

Even that will also cause troubles with new added 3d iso files i guess