Windows 10

damian

Hi All,

Quick question on Windows 10 does Microsoft Edge work to view live tv for you when using npvr and emby?

Same question with IE11 on Windows 10?

I've a strange problem chrome works perfect for live tv but edge and ie11 on windows 10 don't work. Its the same for a friend of mine with a simular setup. I've rebuilt my setup and still no joy. Ha I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out!

Very strange, when I wipe the logs and open a live tv show with chrome 1 transcode file is created and it works. When I open it with MS edge two transcode files are created one is an empty file and it fails to open.  

Some curious good samaritan might take a look at my logs. I started two sessions one with the chrome browser and one with the edge browser. I have prefixed the log files from each session. Chrome worked edge didn't.

Edge server-63576746066.txt

Edge transcode-9a2589a4-7869-43d4-9bae-90992675b3e8.txt

Chrome server-63576746066.txt

Chrome transcode-6bef2d5a-1dfa-4f5c-9b2b-fd234d330fd7.txt

Edge transcode-7a8b818e-a293-4a89-986d-c9458c97b2cd.txt

Same here, Emby Live TV has never worked in Edge, but works perfectly in Chrome. Edge gives the error - "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available." I am running the latest developer version of Emby Server

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by rikiwi
  • Like 1

Same here, Emby Live TV has never worked in Edge, but works perfectly in Chrome. Edge gives the error - "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available." I am running the latest developer version of Emby Server

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi @@rikiwi thanks for letting me know. Glad to know it's not just me!

Edge doesn't work with a number of things for me... Sonnar sabnzbd downloads it's very flaky.. I've given up on it at this point!

• 1 month later...

Anyone any joy solving this? Starting to think Npvr for emby is abandoned. Tried looking at the code and compiling it but its giving me errors. If I get it compiling this weekend I might be able to take a look. I don't mind 30, 40 seconds + to load the channel now that the guide is quick but not working on IE11 and Edge given all the pcs in my house are on windows 10 kills me! Love emby and all the plugins and grateful for all the work the team has put in and who knows i might be able to help or at least narrow down the issue. Seems as if edge is starting two transcodes when starting a show and then reports an error one the empty transcode and the stream stays going in the background and is never closed off.

Anyone any joy solving this? Starting to think Npvr for emby is abandoned. 

The Emby guys originally created this addon, with a bit of support from us at the NextPVR project. It appears they're now focusing on their own built in TV solution, and these addons for 3rd party backends are receiving less energy. If any other developer decides to do some updates to the Emby addon, the NextPVR guys are still available to help you out whenever you need it.

Edited by sub3