Can emby see 5.1 or 7.1 ?

skank

Deathsquirrel

When the library scan completes this data should be collected.  If it's not populated then either the scan isn't completed or your library may not be set up correctly.  I'd start with making sure that my movies were organized correctly and getting recognized at the end of the library scan.

On my unraid i have this for movies:

\movies\Kids 3D\Movie 1

\movies\Kids Bluray\Movie 1

\movies\Kids DVd\Movie 1

\movies\Kids HD\Movie 1

\movies\Kids 4K\movie 1

\movies\3D\movie 1

\movies\Bluray\movie 1

\movies\HD\movie 1

\movies\4K\movie 1

\movies\dvd\movie1

Then in emby i pointed to "\movies"

This should just work no?

Filenames are like this

Movie name (year).mkv or iso or ...

For 3d tag ".3D" is added to filename but not recognized either

When the library scan completes this data should be collected.  If it's not populated then either the scan isn't completed or your library may not be set up correctly.  I'd start with making sure that my movies were organized correctly and getting recognized at the end of the library scan.

If so, where can i see it, once its finished

i see all metadata now of a movie but not if its 5.1 or 7.1

aha ! with normal movies i now see it indeed

i hope kodi picks that up then

but with iso its blank (3d iso)

Containeriso
Path/mnt/Films/Films.3D/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).3D.iso

+ i have to refresh item per item otherwise its not refreshing how come? with 600+ movies thats a lot lol
Edited by skank

Deathsquirrel

ISO and disc rips both offer some limitations.  This is likely one of those.  The ffprobe process probably just doesn't support reading ISO files.  Whenever possible it's recommended to switch to a standard container file like MKV or MP4.

ISO and disc rips both offer some limitations.  This is likely one of those.  The ffprobe process probably just doesn't support reading ISO files.  Whenever possible it's recommended to switch to a standard container file like MKV or MP4.

Ah shame

Ember media manager does, it automounts in virtual clone drive, then reads data

Maybe emby could add this functionality

Cause now, it doesnt have metadata :(

Deathsquirrel

Ah shame

Ember media manager does, it automounts in virtual clone drive, then reads data

Maybe emby could add this functionality

Cause now, it doesnt have metadata :(

I'm pretty sure the level of new dev going into ISO and folder rips is pretty limited.  The movie should still be recognized and have metadata from the scrapers but it may not have media info...and that's just a guess as to the cause, given what you described.  I don't use the ISO format so I don't know all the resulting limitations, only that they exist.

I'm pretty sure the level of new dev going into ISO and folder rips is pretty limited.  The movie should still be recognized and have metadata from the scrapers but it may not have media info...and that's just a guess as to the cause, given what you described.  I don't use the ISO format so I don't know all the resulting limitations, only that they exist.

yeah its true, it is recognized but not the media info

therefore it should be mounted first.

But emby doesnt do that, maybe an upcoming feature?

yeah its true, it is recognized but not the media info

therefore it should be mounted first.

But emby doesnt do that, maybe an upcoming feature?

We actually have a much more sophisticated way of accessing ISOs than VCD.  Accessing it isn't the problem.  It is the tools that analyze it that are limited.

We actually have a much more sophisticated way of accessing ISOs than VCD.  Accessing it isn't the problem.  It is the tools that analyze it that are limited.

Oh i see

Which tools are it? Mediainfo for example can analyze it

But once it is mounted, its a normal disc.. so why would it then cause troubles?

Oh i see

Which tools are it? Mediainfo for example can analyze it

But once it is mounted, its a normal disc.. so why would it then cause troubles?

Because "normal discs" are intentionally obfuscated by their creators to keep you from copying them.

No modern computer-based systems are dealing with disc formats anymore because everything is geared towards streaming now.  We have some of the best support for them that exists but it is still limited.