Organizing "Disorganized" TV Shows

Joycejnr

Joycejnr

As you can probably figure out by the topic title, I'm a video newbie with a question.

I've inherited over 1,000 tv shows, with descriptions like "All.In.The.Family 215- Ediths Problems - 1972", where the Windows view shows the date, size, and length...and "Family.Guy - 204 - Brian In Love," with the same items in the Windows view, but no date with the name - as the All In The Family descriptor showed.

My question: Will Emby be able to convert these shows to its Television Library automatically - or is there another way to do this automatically?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Edited by Joycejnr

chef

Yes I believe that it will. Just setup your series folder for each TV series.

Then put all your new media in the watched folder for auto-organize, an let the magic happen.

The name structure looks good to me, as long as there is a season number and episode number with the series name, emby will be able to check it against the tvdb and sort it.

Joycejnr

Thanis so much for the quick reply!

When you say "Just setup your series folder for each TV series," can you tell me what you mean by series folder?

All of the shows are in one file folder called "Television," and I hope you don't mean I have to put each show in a separate file folder...it would take days to do with so many shows. :-(

Vidman

I suggest using something like filebot which will identify and reorganise everything into a format emby will more easily recognise. Just set up your preferred naming structure and drag and drop files/folders

I find "series name (year)/season xx/series name SxxExx episode title " works best for me

Edited by Vidman

chef

Thanis so much for the quick reply!

When you say "Just setup your series folder for each TV series," can you tell me what you mean by series folder?

All of the shows are in one file folder called "Television," and I hope you don't mean I have to put each show in a separate file folder...it would take days to do with so many shows. :-(

No not in individuals folders ;)

Emby will be watching a parent folder for TV series so you would just add a new folder in that named after the series:

Example might be:

"E:\Tv Series\ Family Guy"

Now auto organize will place all the Family Guy episodes into that folder under the specific "season" folder.