EmbyTV not working

theGeek

theGeek

I got my card activated on HDHR Prime and had TV on WMC but I can't get EmbyTV to pick up any channels.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need a little more specific information about what you've done and what is happening.

can't "pick up any channels" could mean a number of things.  They won't play, you can't see guide data for them, you can't see any channels anywhere in the interface?

theGeek

Nothing is showing up on the guide and no channel listings anywhere. Is there a channel scan that I should be doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need a little more specific information about what you've done and what is happening.

Did you setup your SD account under "Live TV" in the server dashboard?  Did you choose the proper lineup?  Did the refresh guide task run with no errors?

If you did all of this, run a refresh guide task and post the server log.

theGeek

Yes - as far as I can tell SD has been setup correctly. I chose my local lineup with my cable provider. When I get back home I will run the refresh and post the log. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theGeek

Here's the most recent log - there were a bunch on there so I just chose the latest one.  

I've also included a screenshot - this is on the metro app but I don't get anything on Emby Theater either

server-63576489600.txt

post-3208-0-44892900-1440958813_thumb.jpg

2015-08-30 08:01:05.6005 Error - App: Error getting response from http://169.254.123.81/lineup.json
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5713.2
	Command line: C:\Users\MediaServer\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\MediaServer\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\MediaServer\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Looks like your model of tuner is not supported with the automatic method

Does your HDHR support dlna features?

If it doesn't then add your tuner by clicking Add Tuner -> Other

I have already added the tuner - at least I think that I did. I had to manually add it with the IP address but it's showing up as available on my tuner list in the settings.

Right but that model of tuner does not appear to support the features necessary for us to directly access it.

You will need to add it through the "Other..." option using one of the other Live TV plug-ins and back ends.

That's too bad - any plans to add HDHR prime support? Or is the problem within the tuner itself?

We support the HDHR Prime but only the newer models that have a DLNA interface right now.

The other Live TV back-ends will probably work with your current tuner though.

But mine supports DLNA as it is the latest model.

Okay, if that is the case then you need to look into why the above call failed.

Check firewall and anti-malware software and be sure the IP address is correct.

You can try just putting this in a browser address bar and see what happens too.

http://169.254.123.81/lineup.json

mjktg99

You can try just putting this in a browser address bar and see what happens too.

http://169.254.123.81/lineup.json

Along the same lines, how do I tell if my prime is DLNA compatible?  emby server found it on its own and when I do the link as above, I get a file I can open with channel listing.

Edited by mjktg99

Along the same lines, how do I tell if my prime is DLNA compatible? emby server found it on its own and when I do the link as above, I get a file I can open with channel listing.

Good question - I only know because my box says so hahah

Good question - I only know because my box says so hahah

OK - I may have lied.  My box doesn't say that its DLNA compatible but my understanding is that the HDHR Prime has always been DLNA compatible.  I could be wrong - is there a way to check this?

Along the same lines, how do I tell if my prime is DLNA compatible?  emby server found it on its own and when I do the link as above, I get a file I can open with channel listing.

Don't hold me to this but I think if that lineup url works then it is DLNA capable...

OK - I may have lied.  My box doesn't say that its DLNA compatible but my understanding is that the HDHR Prime has always been DLNA compatible.  I could be wrong - is there a way to check this?

At first they were not.  The firmware with DLNA was released in March of 2013.

I could not get the lineup URL to work - I am up to date with the latest firmware. 

I have a support ticket out to Silicondust to see if they can enlighten me. 

FWIW, I am getting TV on the iOS InstaTV Pro app.  

Silicondust confirmed that my device works with DLNA

I'm including some additional screenshots.  The Server is seeing the tuner AND recognizing that I am watching TV on another app (InstaTV Pro) so there's a step or setting somewhere that I must have missed and I'm not sure what it is.  

post-3208-0-96468600-1441137559_thumb.jpg

post-3208-0-99071000-1441137560_thumb.jpg

post-3208-0-88064300-1441137561_thumb.jpg

post-3208-0-39418000-1441137562_thumb.jpg

mjktg99

Silicondust confirmed that my device works with DLNA

I'm including some additional screenshots.  The Server is seeing the tuner AND recognizing that I am watching TV on another app (InstaTV Pro) so there's a step or setting somewhere that I must have missed and I'm not sure what it is. 

Did you run the HDHomerun config and scan for channels on each tuner?