FR: Offline support mode

Serjudo

Serjudo

Hello friends!!

I think that it will be interesting, enable a offline mode to play media without emby server is running.

My main issue is the low estability of emby server (I'm using MAC), what makes me have to go to reboot it, constantly.

Through Path Substitution, we could playing any media, knowing the path and without emby server.

Is possible adding this to the trello board????

Thanks in advance!!... and sorry for my english XD

Vidman

If you enable the direct paths option in Emby for kodi settings kodi should still be able to access you media files without emby server running as long as you use UNC paths in Emby that kodi can access

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

Serjudo

Direct paths option??? I can't find that option. I'm using emby for Kody beta (1.1.35).

With the current stability, I prefer to lost playstate sync.

Vidman

Emby for kodi settings under sync options "use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback"

I think you will need to "reset your local database" under advanced in the settings and restart kodi after changing this setting for it to take affect

Edited by Vidman

Serjudo

Mmmmm, I thought that option was valid when Kodi and Emby server running at the same machine.... i'm going to test it!!!

THANKS!

Serjudo

Hi again!!!

I've been able to test the solution, and it works but partially.... i think that i've founded a bug.

I have 4 sources with media:

Media1- /Volumes/WD 2TB-1/OK -> USB HDD

Media2- /Volumes/WD 2TB-2/PELIS -> USB HDD

Media3- /Users/Serjudo/Movies/SERIES/Renombradas OK -> LOCAL HDD

Media4- /Volumes/Peliculas/PERFECTAS -> Synology NAS

This is my path substitution configuration:

Media1- nfs://192.168.1.10/Volumes/WD 2TB-1/OK

Media2- nfs://192.168.1.10/Volumes/WD 2TB-2/PELIS

Media3- nfs://192.168.1.10/Users/Serjudo/Movies/SERIES/Renombradas OK

Media4- nfs://192.168.1.11/volume2/Peliculas/PERFECTAS

Many of my files contains special characters like this: á é í ó ú ñ etc....

For testing the option "use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback", i've reseted my library with the option enable and this is the result:

Media1 - All files played perfectly with or without emby server running.

Media2 - All files played perfectly with or without emby server running.

Media3 - All files played perfectly with or without emby server running.

Media4 - Files without special characters play perfectly.

Media4 - Files with special characters don't play. I think that these files don't have added correctly because kody says: The file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from library?

I've attached kodi.log although attempts of playing Media4 files with special characters,  are not written in the log.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@Serjudo

Can you give this build a try and let me know if it works correctly? Just install from zip in Kodi. If it still doesn't work, can you post a new log again, thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05

I'll create a new thread next time, sorry!

In addittion to install the new plugin in Kodi, is it necessary to reset the library?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Something odd is going on. I thought maybe it was related to the special characters, but maybe it's not. You say it works without special characters but to you even see the Kodi device being connected to your server under active devices?

Angelblue05

@@Serjudo

Ok for testing, can you have the server online because offline is causing errors and I think it's crashing the code before I can see why the file is not working.

09:38:08 T:139982493542272   ERROR: CWinSystemX11::XErrorHandler: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter), type:0, serial:4697, error_code:5, request_code:18 minor_code:0
09:39:01 T:139981909653248  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> logMsg : Unknown error connecting to: http://:8096/mediabrowser/Users/Public?format=json
09:39:01 T:139981909653248  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> logMsg : HTTPConnectionPool(host='', port=8096): Read timed out. (read timeout=60)

If your server was online at the time, can you let me know? :) Because then that would probably give me the real reason why it's crashing.

Edited by Angelblue05

Hello again!!!

As I said in my first posts, Media4 files with special characters don't play and their attempts are not written in the log. When i try to play them, kody says: The file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from library?

Angelblue05

Oh ok, well could you give the title so I can try it? I have content with special characters (French) as well and don't have issues playing them. :)

Yeah, I have many examples because it happens with all files:

Krampáck.avi

El Corazón del Guerrero.avi

Gigoló.avi

etc...

Oddly, files with special characters in the others Medias, play smoothly, only it fails in Media4 (Synology NAS)

• Like 1

xnappo

Oh ok, well could you give the title so I can try it? I have content with special characters (French) as well and don't have issues playing them. :)

Keep in mind he is using local paths.

Edited by xnappo