Put 'Latest movies' in separate menu as it's done with tv shows

piejanssens

different content types can have different workflows, therefore we shouldn't assume that just because tv is a certain way that movies should be the same. actually if anything i'd like to remove the latest tv tab and merge it into suggestions. Nowdays scrolling is in style. Navigation and context-switching are not.

piejanssens

For me personally latest has nothing to do with suggestions and therefor I expect it to have its own tab. At least both tv and movie should aligned (as far as 'latest' goes).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

if anything i'd like to remove the latest tv tab and merge it into suggestions.

I like the idea of fewer tabs, especially in TV since it has the most, as long as there remains "just enough" that the page doesn't get cluttered.

For me personally latest has nothing to do with suggestions and therefor I expect it to have its own tab. At least both tv and movie should aligned (as far as 'latest' goes).

I agree that TV and Movie could be better aligned, at least as Suggestions goes, but I think it is TV that should be fixed by removing the Latest tab and moving it to Suggestions. I would put it under Next Up (since the user probably prefers continuing watching something over starting something new) but would definitely need to be shortened from 30 "Latest" shows.

Granted, YMMV, but this makes sense to me. First, because "Hey, look at what has been added" sounds like a Suggestion to me and second because my Next Up (the only thing I have in TV Suggestions) is pretty barren.

techywarrior

haha, my GF was just complaining last night about the lack of a "latest movies" list. It's nice on the movie homepage that it shows the newest 20 movies or something but she wanted to see a larger list. You "can" make that list by going to movies, using the sort, then filtering by unwatched etc. but that's a lot of steps. I don't even think we need a new tab so much as just a link next to the latest movies heading on the movie homepage that will take you to the complete latest movies list (can respect the current option to show/not show unwatched on the latest movies section now)

• Like 1

piejanssens

Indeed, having the 'latest' as a seperatr page allows to show more latest movies...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

techywarrior

Or a short list with a More button just like the Favorites page.

Yea, that's basically what I was poorly describing. (since we already have the short list as an option on the movies homepage)

Ian-Highlander

Surely "Suggestions" should be based upon what you've already watched whereas "Latest" should be exactly what it says on the tin, latest "stuff" to be added. That would be my interpretation and I like that style of functionality. Merging them would seem to be a backwards step to me.

I think that is overthinking it a little. They are suggestions. Hey, here's something you might like to watch, and latest falls into that. Keeping it simple is the most important thing. I've been meaning to merge them for several months actually but haven't gotten to it. The idea of a short list + more button is more in line with current trends of displaying content because it is very easy to scroll through lots of different categories, pick one, and then dive into it. Inevitably with any change there's always going to be some people who don't like it but we try pretty hard to do our homework so that we can cater towards what the majority of people want.

Ian-Highlander

Understood (and I sympathise with the "can't please all the people all the time" bit). From my perspective personally, I never use the "Suggested" tab but regularly use the "Latest" one just for my two pennerth. :)