Nvidia Shield MP4 playback issues - beta query

djones

Hello,

I've had the Roku 3 for a while now, and just switched over to the Nvidia Shield.

First, how can I tell if I've got the beta version client?  Current version shows 1.0.86g.  I've signed up for it here on the Emby web site with my google log-in, but haven't seen any notifications about the update coming in using the shield.

Anyway, The emby client in the Shield seems to be inconsistent with MP4 playback, mainly with lip-sync.

What I'm doing is using NextPVR to record our local TV shows, then have MCEBuddy convert them over to MP4, stripping out the commercials, putting them in a separate directory for Emby to access.

This has generally worked fine with the Roku 3.

Inconsistently, if I play a show through Emby on the Shield, sometimes at the start, and immediately after some commercial cut points, the audio will sometimes go out of sync with the video.  It won't necessarily happen every time.  It might come back in sync later.  I can play the same file on the Roku 3 and it plays fine.

Secondly, when I try to play back an SD 4x3 show, the video will jump around for up to ten seconds before it initially locks in.  Again, starts playing fine on the Roku.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Don

You are on the beta so, while that is the case, please post future issues in the beta thread.

I have seen the problem with losing audio sync after seeking and sometimes at the start of playback.  Unfortunately, this appears to be a problem with the new version of VLC.

I have found that simply backing out and re-starting sometimes fixes it.  If not, you can adjust the audio delay now with the on-screen controls.

Thanks for the reply!  I'll post in the correct place going on.

Just FYI, I took an offending SD mp4, and put it on a USB stick.  Using the stock video player that comes with N.S., it started fine every time.  Go back through emby/client, and very rough start.  I also found a couple of MP4's that had frozen video for a couple of minutes through the client, but play fine when played direct off the USB.

Thank you very much for all the developement work!  I'm sure all this will get ironed out in time.

-Don