Audio stutter when streaming

skynet600

skynet600

Dear All, whenever I attempt to stream a film to chromecast using either plex or emby web client the video plays fine but audio stutters. If anything I would expect the opposite.

Anyway my setup is basic. I have a router and the server is wired to this. I play content via iPads to two rooms and both have the issue. I am assuming by this that it means either network lag or some server issue but not sure if I am honest. Wifi is 50M as far as I can make out which I thought would be plenty for most if not all content I have.

On the server the playback settings are default so far. If I am honest with myself I wouldn't know what to change here for the best so any guidance on this problem would be appreciated.

shorty1483

Dear All, whenever I attempt to stream a film to chromecast using either plex or emby web client the video plays fine but audio stutters. If anything I would expect the opposite.

Anyway my setup is basic. I have a router and the server is wired to this. I play content via iPads to two rooms and both have the issue. I am assuming by this that it means either network lag or some server issue but not sure if I am honest. Wifi is 50M as far as I can make out which I thought would be plenty for most if not all content I have.

On the server the playback settings are default so far. If I am honest with myself I wouldn't know what to change here for the best so any guidance on this problem would be appreciated.

Transcoding Logs? Tec Specs of Server, specially CPU?

• Like 1

skynet600

Anyone got any advise particularly on the server settings? I think hd files are the worst actually.

I have the reverse problem - with video lapsing while audio is fine. Works 100% OK in Plex.

I've tried cranking the Max streaming bitrate and max cromecast bitrate up to the highest, no change.