So long, and thanks for all the fish. Its been a fun 2 days of not getting Emby to work

tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr

Thank you for the help from those who tried but my issue is not getting resolved and I am too frustrated to continue.  

Thanks @@Angelblue05 @@Vidman @@Happy2Play @@FrostByte @Luke 

I guess I will see if I can figure out MySQL since Kodi has me stuck in a loop that I can't get by telling me my password is invalid.  

• Like 1

yardameus

Maybe too little too late, but did you do a completely fresh Kodi install (deleting appdata/Kodi folder) and create a new user in Emby server with no password?  I'm sure it's already been suggested, but just a double check.  I've been pleasantly surprised by the Kodi Emby combo.  

xnappo

Yeah, sorry I didn't see any of your posts, but I assure you this is solve-able.  As suggested, just do a clean Kodi install once you are happy with your Emby database.

Vidman

Thank you for the help from those who tried but my issue is not getting resolved and I am too frustrated to continue.

Thanks @@Angelblue05 @@Vidman @@Happy2Play @@FrostByte @@Luke

I guess I will see if I can figure out MySQL since Kodi has me stuck in a loop that I can't get by telling me my password is invalid.

From your posts here is seems you've spent the last few days trying to get remote access to work.... Not try to solve your issue with logging into emby for kodi

Oxide

I had something similar the other day, all I did was reset the password, then added the Kodi client with that username and let it sync, then added a password again for security. Worked like a bomb :)

cw-kid

Thanks @@Angelblue05 @@Vidman @@Happy2Play @@FrostByte @Luke 

This is the guide here I used to setup XBMC with MYSQL  :P

• Like 1

cw-kid

Two days lol some people have no patience, I've been waiting four months or more for the Kodi add-on to be further developed and stabilized and have still not migrated my main Openelec / MYSQL HTPCs to run with the Emby server.

However rather than just bitchin about it, I have tried to contribute to the beta testing as much as possible and help to improve things.

It looks to me you have been getting some assistance with your enquiry on another thread I just saw.

Don't forget this is free open source software and the devs devote a lot of their free time to writing the code and also answering our mainly stupid newbie questions. And also this add-on still is officially beta software.

Sure go ahead and configure MYSQL for a centralised Kodi setup, it works great and has done for me for the last 5 years. However Emby / Kodi integration is the way to move forward in the future for the HTPC and for remote access something Kodi on its own in its current state will never do so easily.

Or go try Plex and pay for that..

Just my two cents.... And what has fish got to do with anything? Dumb arse threads like this wind me up!

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 2