Recording file names don't have a pattern to them

Killervette

Killervette

Maybe it's just me, but I tried the new live TV recording feature. It works but the file name doesn't have a - or anything to separate the show season and title. Is there somewhere to modify this so my episodes are recognized?

Sure they do have a pattern. But the pattern is only as good as the data that is available.

Killervette

Sure they do have a pattern. But the pattern is only as good as the data that is available.

So the naming is based off the schedules direct listing? It should at least been able to put a hyphen after the title of the show, right?

Edited by Killervette

It uses {show} S01E01 {title}. if there are no numbers then yes we should probably add a hyphen

Killervette

It uses {show} S01E01 {title}. if there are no numbers then yes we should probably add a hyphen

Just tested another one. It ended up naming it Burn Notice S04E11 Blind Spot. No hyphens so it wasn't tagged right.

that's a supported convention by quite a few apps. there's' nothing at all wrong with that. i meant dash when the episode numbers are not known

Killervette

that's a supported convention by quite a few apps. there's' nothing at all wrong with that. i meant dash when the episode numbers are not known

So if I enabled auto organize in EMBY, it will catch it correctly? I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks

i don' see why not but i haven't heard much testing feedback on the auto-organize recording feature

Killervette

i don' see why not but i haven't heard much testing feedback on the auto-organize recording feature

didnt seem to work.  I tried recording fixer upper. i do not have any current tv folders with that tv show.  The auto organize failed and gave the error "Unable to find series in library matching name fixer upper".  so does that mean any new show i record i have to first create a series folder?  Can emby auto create the folder?

it could, but then when it creates the wrong series i'm going to have to deal with users reporting issues about that. so that's why it only adds to existing series.

Killervette

it could, but then when it creates the wrong series i'm going to have to deal with users reporting issues about that. so that's why it only adds to existing series.

I see what you mean. Maybe an option to move failed files to a new location. Or a prompt in EMBY that says new series found and have the user confirm it matches the correct series before adding.

I assume it will be a problem when I or my wife choose a TV show we never watch or a special episode to record. Just thinking out loud.