Will a Smart Tv play this app through dlna or with its browser

bret1958

bret1958

Sorry I am sure this is a redundant question but seems like a easy alternative to fiddling with a fire stick, or chrome cast. Thanks !!

bret1958

Thanks Luke, I am looking to put a 65" Samsung 2015 model in living room and bypass all the gadgets and just let the server or multiple servers do the lifting for many of the devices.. is this a good or not so good idea. I want it simple.

Any idea what kind of brand of TV is the best for emby (e.g. least transcoding best bitrate?) through DLNA 

can't find anything about that.

Thinking about a sony tv (android OS )or panasonic (TX-48AX630E)

Well, if you get the Sony that runs Android TV you don't have to use DLNA.  You can use our ATV app :).

Yes, but the problem is the reviews of the Android part of the sony are very bad. 

Cannot find anyone with experience of the Emby app for ATV on a sony.

yeah you could use the Chromecast option, but the quality is not very high.

And i want to reduce transcoding as much as possible due to a overloaded server ;) 

Really, what are the bad comments about the Sony Android TV implementation?

Chromecast quality should be no different than DLNA, but may require transcoding.

Bottom line in that article is the fact that this particulair model has a a low end SOC, comparable to a low end SmartPhone, and the 1920x1080 is upscaled to 3840-2160.

(For the people that don't know Dutch)

Edited by Danee

Deathsquirrel

Bottom-up line is which TV brand is known for the best native codec support?

There isn't a line I've heard of with reviews that are as good as a $100 android TV box for media playback, let alone something higher end....so none would be my immediate response.

Getting one of the TVs with Android TV built in would be the best choice if you don't want to use a set-top device.  DLNA would be a far, far worse choice.

Edited by Deathsquirrel