Generated folder images

rkr87

Since upgrading to Windows 10 and doing a clean install of Emby, *some* my media folders seem to have automatically generated some images from the movies/tv shows/etc in my library. I really like these, I'm not sure if it's a new feature or just something that wasn't working on my previous Emby install on Windows 7.

However, it's inconsistent in that it isn't generating an image for my "Collections" folder (generated by the Auto-Boxsets plugin) - is this intended or is something going wrong at my end? Is there a task I can start that will force the generation of an image for this folder?

Thanks.

EDIT: Image below in case it isn't obvious what I'm talking about.

bsgEKtYm.png

Edited by rkr87

MSattler

Give it a day or two

For a new release, or for the system to create it?

Looks like it's Collections, Live TV, and Folders that do not have an image created.

• 3 months later...
tacticalcity

It would be great if this were something we had control over. Such a button on the Edit Images page that read Server Generated or something to that effect. Click it and it automatically creates the image using the images of either items or subfolders inside it.

tacticalcity

Admin, I didn't really see the answer there. Just a similar request to mine. Does that mean you're working on it?

If there is some "trick" to force Emby server to create these auto generated folder images like the OP (original poster) requested I'd love to learn about it.

Right now it is automatically creating these images for about 75% of my folders, but never gets around to making the rest of them. So it (or at least my version of it) is still doing it. Just recreated all my folders last night and it did it for me for the 75% i mentioned. So I know it still can...i just don't know how to control it and make it do it when I want it to. 

Edited by tacticalcity

tacticalcity

Oh, gotcha. I'm new to the forum. Used the software for forever and day. Only recently got completely and utterly obsessed beyond all reason. ;)