Unable to download emby on Samsung TV

amotto11

amotto11

All,

I am unable to get emby on my Samsung TV. Emby is up and running, hosted on an Ubuntu server. I have emby for kodi up and working on multiple devices, but for some reason my Samsung TV cannot see the server. I have a Samsung un46d6000sfxza, which I believe is on the list of accepted Tvs for the app. I have an Internet connection, I logged in as the developer, pointed the TV to the server IP address, and then chose "user application synchronization" the message I receive is "network or server interference occurred. Please try again later." I have tried this many times to no avail. Is there something I am not doing on the server side to push emby to the TV, or is this something with my TV?

FrostByte

Your model tv should be good.  You have to enter chess' IP for the server for the install though, not your own server.  I just reinstalled the app on my home theater system so the server should be up

• Like 1

amotto11

Thank you very much. If I would have looked harder at the directions I would have seen the big IP Address listed. Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried multiple times to get this IPaddress solution to wotk on my H6400 but no luck. I did get it working by downloading the zip file, unzipping and putting the folder on a USB for the TV. Now it shows up.

• Like 1

CBers

Is there a difference between the H6400 and H5500 ??

I have loaded the app onto a H5500 without any issues.

shorty1483

Is there a difference between the H6400 and H5500 ??

I have loaded the app onto a H5500 without any issues.

I have a H6200 Series ad it's the same as the H6400 except the Panel CMR. So I would say it should work usually...

mitelman

Yes, 55H6270 works via USB and Dev Account, 55H6470 also. 

When using the program via USB, how do you get it to run without reinserting the USB each time the TV is turned off and on?  It is quite cumbersome to do when it is mounted on the wall.

shorty1483

When using the program via USB, how do you get it to run without reinserting the USB each time the TV is turned off and on? It is quite cumbersome to do when it is mounted on the wall.

No need to...

Place the apps you want to sideload on the root of the fat32 stick, place in in the tv.

I never had to reinsert the stick. It's always in the tv and the apps are there on every turning on since they're running from the stick.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk