Emby For Kodi 1.1.31 - Watched status no longer updating

SwanStream

SwanStream

OK, so it worked 'back then' but doesn't seem to consistently work now. My machine was 'stuck' at 1.13 for quite a while, I updated it to latest. By that I mean I'm now on Kodi 15.0 w/E-for-K 1.1.31. Though it wasn't updating played reliably at that point, just to complicate things I added the incremental sync at startup and installed the emby server plugin.

Here's what I've noticed. after watching an episode, the next up remains the one just watched, so I drilled down into the shows and find the episode and via context menu set it as played. Now, let's say I didn't notice it wasn't marked played until watching the next episode. In that case I've noticed the watched indicator for the latest episode gets unwatched, and the one back that I'm manually marking gets updated to watched. If I watch the last episode and then manually set it to watched it sets it to watched and life goes on. It doesn't seem to be related to how long I wait before taking action. i.e. I'm not getting impatient and not letting it update on its own, I can wait overnight and all remains with the latest not being marked watched.

I haven't included logs as log level is set at none, let me know what level would be helpful and I'm happy to let it run and post logs.

marcelveldt

Does this only occur when you're at the next episodes level? In other words... Do you see the same behavior when you're in the tv library?

Angelblue05

Did you reset your library when you upgraded to beta? We changed the paths a bit so you will need to do that and it should stop your watched status from resetting. Hopefully. :) It was mentioned in the beta thread.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 2 weeks later...
SwanStream

I had a few unrelated issues that caused me to wipe the machine and start over. So I went back through installing 1.13 on emby 15.1

I'm still getting the temporary watched indicator. I'm posting the log created, set to debug.

To be clear about what I'm seeing: After finishing a show, the watched indicator is there in the listing. If I watch another episode, when it's done that new episode is marked watched and the previously watched episode is not marked any more. Setting it manually via the context menu works fine.

kodi.old.log

SwanStream

Clear the sync watched status for user in Emby server dashboard under metadata/nfo

Interesting. Well it sorta worked. Now the watched status still changes as described above, but next day the watched status seems to be as it should be.

So after watching - watched status is set to watched.

After starting the next episode - watched status is cleared.

next day (could be shorter, no idea) - watched status is back to watched.

Angelblue05

@

Thanks for this log (the logging is incorrectly set in the add-on settings, luckily it still showed the error). Uncovered a bug with notifications which could explain your issues but also, are you deleting content from Kodi without the user being allowed to delete content on your Emby server? Let me know!

Edited by Angelblue05

SwanStream

@@Angelblue05

I went back in and looked at logging in  the add-on, it was set to debug, is not what it should be for this sort of issue?

Ya know, one of the problems with starting fresh and rebuilding is sometimes little configuration items get missed! In my case, you are correct, I had not checked the box in Emby for user to be allowed to delete. It's been corrected. (explains another problem I haven't started to drill into yet too!)

I can run another round if the log would help sort the issue, just LMK.

• Like 1