PC game play recorder

skynet600

skynet600

My son wants to start his own YouTube channel with his mine craft etc gameplay. Obviously he will need something that records this. I have no experience in this regard. I have searched for examples and there are several but I have have no clue on their rating.

Do any of you have any recommendations please?

shaefurr

most popular game recorder is probably FRAPS, its easy to use and has very low system performance impact. Though you can only record 30 seconds of video unless you buy the full version, I think its ~$20? fraps is literally open fraps, start game, hit hotkey to record, hit hotkey to stop recording, very simple.

There is also OBS, Open Broadcaster Software which I use quite often, has a lot of options so maybe not the easiest to use but it works perfectly. It was originally made to stream video, but it records to a file just as well.

If you have an nvidia video card 600 series or newer shadow play is awesome. But if you have an older nvidia card, AMD card or integrated graphics you can't use it.

There's a bunch of others as well, but those would be my main 3 recommendations for recording gameplay.

I use all 3 so can help you get any of them working if you get stuck.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Minecrafter108

I've tried many tools like fraps, bandicam, OBS, I'd like to suggest SmartPixel game recorder for beginners. It could help gamer easily capture, edit, upload and share game videos to YouTube Channel. It also has a free Android version to help gamer capture android game videos. 

• 3 months later...
AllenSteve

Glad to find this post and I think I can give some opinions. For your son choice, Fraps as well Bandicam are all good ones recording gameplay like minecraft. But it seems that video turns out to be obviously watermarked at the top. Personally speaking, I use a free screen recorder which I found from Cnet you may not know. So many years and it just works fine. Specific region or full screen are all supported. moreover, i can add various marks and texts to make my video more interesting. I am sure your son will like it as I do.

Edited by AllenSteve