Stacking or Merging TV seasons

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

I'm not sure if this would be a server feature or an application feature but I would like the ability to merge all the seasons of a TV series into one view. I currently use Emby Theater and the Android app where I don't see an option to do this.

I would like to be able to select a TV show and have it go directly to a list of all the episodes without having to select a season first.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Yeah I know...my main system is running Kodi, has been for about 10 years, but I've been trying to make the switch to Emby. I'm aware of the Emby addon for Kodi but it isn't what I'm looking for. Maybe once skinning support is added to Emby Theater this will happen.  

• Like 1

Angelblue05

May I asked what turned you away? Always looking for feedback to help keep our add-on improved or relevant. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

That would be an app feature.  EMC can do it too but I don't imagine that is what you want either.

Jdiesel

May I asked what turned you away? Always looking for feedback to help keep our add-on improved or relevant. :)

I don't have any complaints against the plugin itself, it was more due to wanting to utilize MadVR in Emby theater which is what brought me over to the Emby ecosystem. The Kodi addon is currently the only way to get a proper HTPC going on a Linux based PC with Emby Server and I appreciate all the work you put into it.  Once the DSPlayer build of Kodi matures a bit more I may experiment with a Emby/Kodi MadVR setup.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

That would be an app feature.  EMC can do it too but I don't imagine that is what you want either.

Hopefully this is something the new Theater overhaul will address.

AdrianW

A single season list is long enough already, I can't see why anyone would want to merge all seasons together. Can someone explain what the benefit is?

Angelblue05

Binge watch many episodes, Play all from here, quick playlist/shuffle access. At least that why I use it in Kodi lol.

Deathsquirrel

A single season list is long enough already, I can't see why anyone would want to merge all seasons together. Can someone explain what the benefit is?

Yeah, really not something I can even imagine using but no harm in a client supporting it if that client's users request.  Just as long as it's never a default ;)

AdrianW

OK - makes sense, I suppose. But, I agree that it should never be the default view.

Binge watch many episodes, Play all from here, quick playlist/shuffle access. At least that why I use it in Kodi lol.

BTW, play all, shuffle all and play from first unwatched can still be done in most of our apps by simply hitting the Play button on the Series.  You don't have to produce a single list of them in the interface for that.

In EMC, I still break them down by Season but they are in collapsible lists so it is easier to manage on a single screen.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

I have gotten accustomed to doing it this way in Kodi. It is especially helpful if you are looking for a certain episode but are unsure of what season it is from. I agree that this would not be a default view but instead a checkbox that users can opt in. I also like it because it means one less menu you have to navigate before playing the file. 

• 6 months later...
thewisesva

Available with Emby for Kodi. ;)

So how is this available through the Kodi for Emby plugin. I see no options. My current setup has TV Series coming form local drives (rips, recorded TV) and then also from online (via playon). WIthin Emby I have a library called 'local TV Series' and one called 'Online TV Series'. I have combined them into a Kodi playlist BUT the series are listed twice if both local and online have some seasons/episodes.

Before I switched to Emby, Kodi combined these itself into one TV Series name.

I'll keep looking but didn;t see anything immediate to have the Kodi for Emby plugin do this.

Cheers, Tony.

Angelblue05

@@thewisesva

A lot has changed since august 2015 :) This is no longer offered. The shows are considered individual series, because that's the way emby works.

thewisesva

Thanks @@Angelblue05 for the info. Understood. Shame from my viewpoint as Kodi native does a better job of combining these into one. I am not sure why functionally Emby would split them out -- they are the SAME TV series but from different sources. Oh well, I'll see if it really matters over time ... Thanks again.

Angelblue05

You could always just use a pooling solution. I personally use Drive pool and don't have to deal with this issue.

Kraevin

I would love to see this added as a feature

I currently use Netdrive as one of my media source drives with 2 folders one that is TV Shows (Archive) and Another with TV Shows (Current Season).  And Drive pooling does not work with it. =(

• 2 years later...
Shibboleth

I would use this feature RELIGIOUSLY to show all episodes in one list. I would then "sort by TheTVDB rating" or "sort by IMDB rating" so I could see the highest rated episodes in an entire series. 

A super useful feature for series that have 8 or 9 seasons.