US ratings, Emby user logins and updating Emby add ons?

Crestj

Crestj

I've just started using Kodi for Emby in replacement to an increasingly slow and creaky WMC setup.

So far it's been really good and the number of "not responding" errors reduced to a zero!

I'm using Kodi v15 with the Titan skin.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. The TV and Movie ratings it's getting from Emby appear to show in Kodi as US rating (US-PG, US-R, etc) instead of UK as they should. I can't find how to change this in Kodi. Any ideas?

2. I see Kodi profiles but how do I link them to the Emby users? Is this possible or do I have to set mu users up myself in Kodi as profiles?

3. Is there an easy way to update the Emby components to Kodi? I don't really understand the repository setup. Is auto update an option?

Thanks

Vidman

2.ATM you create a kodi profile for each emby user and in each profile set up the emby for kodi addon to login to that emby user

3.i m pretty sure the default is to auto update, you can change this when in the kodi addon settings page and opening the side menu

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I believe the rating is something to do with the skin. So if you are using Titan, I think @@marcelveldt might be able to help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcelveldt

I believe the rating is something to do with the skin. So if you are using Titan, I think @@marcelveldt might be able to help with this.

Nope, Kodi skins just display whatever is in the database. So I think the scraping is wrong in Emby server itself but I have no clue which setting affects that....

Maybe the regional settings in the Emby server also effect the MPAA rating ?

Crestj

Metadata country set to UK.

If I look in the metadata of Big Hero 6, for example, it shows PG. This is correct.

In Kodi this shows as US-PG.

Could it be just the icon image?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marcelveldt

Metadata country set to UK.

If I look in the metadata of Big Hero 6, for example, it shows PG. This is correct.

In Kodi this shows as US-PG.

Could it be just the icon image?

What is wrong with US-PG ?

Angelblue05

I saw in arctic thread that @@im85288 needed to do some kind of mapping in his skin for the different country rating - for the proper rating to show up visually. But maybe I'm wrong? I'd have to check.

im85288

Yes there is some mapping going on, but it relies firstly on the correct rating coming from emby. I'm not too sure what the problem is here though.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So then Emby must have had US rating and it wasn't changed to UK rating until after the content was scanned into the Kodi library? So if its displaying correctly in Emby then a reset rescan of your kodi library should fix it?

Edited by Angelblue05

Crestj

I only installed kodi a couple of days ago so this should all be sync'd correctly.

Emby has been UK set since its install which was many months ago.

US ratings are not a show stopper but if nobody reports these things, nobody knows there's anything wrong! :)

• Like 1

im85288

I only installed kodi a couple of days ago so this should all be sync'd correctly.

Emby has been UK set since its install which was many months ago.

US ratings are not a show stopper but if nobody reports these things, nobody knows there's anything wrong! :)

I certainly do not experience the same, it may be worth trying my Arctic mod to see if it is the same there for you.

• Like 1

DigiTM

Happens for me as well although slightly different.  AUS ratings in Emby server but Kodi Isengard with either Titan or Arctic Exploded skin doesn't show AUS ratings.

Crestj

I've also just tried the Arctic skin and the same US ratings show.

Angelblue05

We take the data straight from Emby. Do you think you'd be able to zip up your myvideosxx.db file so we can have a look at your mpaa rating? See where it's going wrong, hopefully. :) I just don't understand why it's giving difficulties.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Yeah it must be something local, I and many other UK users get english ratings without any issues

wSZCAWg.jpg

im85288

Happens for me as well although slightly different.  AUS ratings in Emby server but Kodi Isengard with either Titan or Arctic Exploded skin doesn't show AUS ratings.

Yes no AUS rating flags in exploded, the main supported ones are UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands. 

Edited by im85288

Crestj

Yeah it must be something local, I and many other UK users get english ratings without any issues

wSZCAWg.jpg

The 12 rating image there looks different. What skin is that so I can check the same film?

im85288

The 12 rating image there looks different. What skin is that so I can check the same film?

It's a custom version of the Arctic skin, see my signature for the thread. It's available via stable and beta Emby repos.

Crestj

We take the data straight from Emby. Do you think you'd be able to zip up your myvideosxx.db file so we can have a look at your mpaa rating? See where it's going wrong, hopefully. :) I just don't understand why it's giving difficulties.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/a/thecresswells.net/file/d/0B0oy6t4VIFcrVG9TM3RQbVdGdGM/view?usp=sharing

DigiTM

Yes no AUS rating flags in exploded, the main supported ones are UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands. 

:( Down Under got forgotten lol

im85288

:( Down Under got forgotten lol

Dutch was too until @@AlwinHummels supplied me with the rating icons and logic to use them, feel free to do the same for Aussie flags in the AZE skin if you like.

Crestj

Quick update:

Oddly, after messing with the skins and settling on the excellent Arctic Zephyr: Exploded, I can now see all UK ratings.

They weren't there before but are now. TBH I don't really care how but all sorted now! :)

• Like 2