Question about actor images

Zebbe152

Zebbe152

I've got a quick question about actor images.

Is emby suppose to download actor images for "new" actors as soon as I add new content to my library? The only way I have managed to get the images to download is to let the refresh people task run as scheduled or trigger the task manually.

It is only done during the task because it would make new content additions much slower. Especially the first library scan after you install the server, where it's critical that we not set a first impression that it takes forever. The task is designed so that you can just set it and forget it and not worry about it.

Zebbe152

When I run the task TheMovieDB returns a lot of 429 errors according to my log. I'm guessing that this is because of the amount of requests emby is generating? Is there a workaround for this?

hifiaudio2

I have same issue.  Weeks after a new install, still very few actors showing up that I did not manually refresh one by one.   Doing so works flawlessly on each one individually though.

• 3 weeks later...
arche

I take it this has not been addressed yet? I am having the same issue on a fresh install on a new server.

Lumute

Yes, I have the same issue. When I first scanned my Library some actor pictures got downloaded but the big majority is still missing weeks after the install... Manually refreshing individual actor does the trick but there's just too many to do that...

Edited by Lumute

hifiaudio2

Something interesting I found,  and I need to investigate further as I only checked a couple of movies,  but when I use EMBY for Android TV to navigate and look at my movies,  it is automatically populating all of the remaining actors / directors, etc that were not there for that particular movie.  Then they are staying there for all other views,  web view metadata, etc.   So somehow viewing the movie in Emby for ATV is forcing that movie to gather all data.

@@ebr - -  any idea why that might be?  A refresh in the web manager doesnt make this happen, but viewing the movie in the Emby ATV interface does? 

Interesting.  I'm not sure but it is probably related to a query that the app is performing.

Is this on the dev server?

hifiaudio2

Well I may take it back.  Maybe I was just thinking it was doing it.  I checked a specific movie today on the web interface and then pulled up Emby for ATV and it did not do anything differently.