1.1.13 and 1.1.22 TV-show not visible in Kodi

Tolotos

Tolotos

Hi,

I have a German TV-Show which is not visible in Kodi after sync with 1.1.13 and 1.1.22.

The TV-Show itself is visible but no seasons and no content. 

The name of the show is "Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern". The plugin debug log is attached. 

The emby web page shows the show and both seasons wit´h content for the user used in the plugin.

Any idea why the show has no content?

Yours Tolotos

kodi.Sync.zip

Tolotos

I tried to disable the plugin and add the Sources using local scrape only. 

The TV-Show was visible now. 

As the next step I enabled the plugin again (1.1.29 now) and added only the missing TV-Show as source with local scrape.

Now the seasons are displayed and the episodes are twice. 

I thing this must be an plugin issue. 

Can someone look at this issue please?

-- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos

Angelblue05

Remove the local source since it's working now? If you see it twice, this most likely mean that one version is the local scrape and the other is the Emby for Kodi add-on addition.

Tolotos

After removing the source no seasons and no episodes are displayed again.

Angelblue05

Ok @@Tolotos

Can you take a screenshot of the metadata structure in Emby for the TV Show that's not showing up in Kodi? (expand seasons, so we can see the episodes)

I will have a look later.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Nothing that would explain the behavior. Your structure looks fine, and it's missing from all your Kodi devices? Or if you only have one, have you tried reseting your library? I'm wondering why it's not showing content... If I find anything I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tolotos

I have two Windows 7 Kodi (15.0), three OpenElec (14.2) installations running. 

All shows the seasons and the episodes missing after switching to the emby plugin.

EDIT: I made a full reset on all devices and did a complete ne install on one of the win 7 devices - same result.

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry I'm trying to understand here. Do you mean that All your TV Shows are missing seasons and episodes? Or that "Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern" is missing all seasons and episodes. Is the TV Show itself showing up? I did try on my side. I added .strm files named after your show using your file naming and structure. Imported into my Emby library and they show up correctly for me in Kodi:

55c6f1a43d111_screenshot017.png

I'm unsure why it's not showing for you. Maybe you need to actually reset your library, then delete the actual database file (%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\Userdata\Database\MyVideosxx.db) Delete the file. Maybe there's an old entry conflicting that is not correctly being reset? If it's scanning in properly here, it should for you too...unless there's conflicting data somewhere.

Edited by Angelblue05

Tolotos

Only the show "Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern" makes troubles. 

The show is visible but no seasons and no episodes. 

I tried to delete the complete %APPDATA%\roaming\Kodi folder on my test Win 7 installation and started from scratch (emby stable (1.1.13) was the only added add-on) - the same result.

-- Tolotos 

xnappo

I am sure you saw this, but the only error in the log I see is this:

14:06:12 T:5852   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://STORAGE/HTPC/MediaCenter/TV-Serien/Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern//extrafanart/

Anything weird about the art for this series?

I suggest moving the folder elsewhere, let Emby scan, then add it back in little by little and see where it breaks.  Like add back in just one episode for one season or something?  Sorry but this is something weird and we will need you to troubleshoot..

• Like 1

Tolotos

Hi,

I did the following:

- close Kodi

- remove the complete TV-Show from the scan-directory of Emby and let it scan the whole library 

--> The TV-Show was now removed in Emby and Kodi (was closed during removing and scan).

- Now I created a new subfolder "Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern" in my TV-Show folder. 

- In this folder a new folder "Season 01" was created and only the file "Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern - S01E01.mkv" was moved into the "Season 01" folder. 

- After a full library scan of Emby the files

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\series.xml

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\tvshow.nfo

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\Season 01\season.nfo

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\Season 01\Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern - S01E01.nfo

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\Season 01\Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern - S01E01-thumb.jpg

- Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern\Season 01\metadata\Wie erziehe ich meine Eltern - S01E01.xml

are created. 

- Now I started Kodi again and only the empty TV-Show is displayed?!

-- Tolotos

EDIT: I removed the .nfo and switched off the NFO creation in Emby. After a complete resync in Kody the episode is now visible?! It looks like the existing .nfo files interfere with Kodi. I try now to add all episodes, the cover and the theme song.  

EDIT2: Without the .nfo-files and with theme and poster.jpg the TV-Show is now visible in Kodi. My other TV-Shows have .nfo-files and are working.

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

Tolotos

Can you zip that exact small test case and post it somewhere?

The upload is running will take at least until 22:00 CEST.

I'll edit/post if the upload is finished.

--Tolotos

EDIT: You can find the zip here. The nfo-files are included in the zip. Without it Kodi works but my other TV-Shows works with the nfo-files.

Edited by Tolotos

xnappo

It is missing the season number field at the season level.  This is required for Kodi.

Just add this to 'season.nfo':

<season>1</season>

Kodi requires this, the other clients are more tolerant.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1