Default system fonts changed after emby install

Lennong

Lennong

I run my own scripts based on Imagemagick and some other bits to generate my own metadata posters. After installing emby I supect the default font is changed and after that the following generated text strings in my posters looks really watered out and dim, almost unreadable. Is it perhaps the Mono install that in some way installs MS fonts and change the default source for fonts?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

it's possible i suppose. we don't install any fonts ourselves. but i really would be surprised if mono did that.

Lennong

Did a fresh install of Wheezy and manually installed Mono and emby just to try to identify the issue. Its not font related. It seems it is the libmagickwand-6.q8-2 and libmagickcore-6.q8-2 packages that either clashes with the standard Debian Wheezy imagemagick or change some settings somewhere. If I purge the standard imagemagick and then reinstall it again it gets readable but far from clear as originally.. If I purge the libmagickwand-6.q8-2 and libmagickcore-6.q8-2 packages emby-server goes south. In any case, it's over my head.

Edited by Lennong

Lennong

Well, I kinda solved it the "hackatronic" way. I repacked a fresh install of emby from the dist and then dropped it in as a portable install. After checking out the latest mono and met a couple of dependencies it's up and running without the libmagickwand-6.q8-2 and libmagickcore-6.q8-2 packages installed. I pull all the metadata from my own scripts which emby picks up so no need for that function. Only backdraw is that the media folders in home view lacks icon or collage compilation, but I can live with that. Apart from a complaint about missing libmagickwand-6.q8-2 transcoding and such is all silky smooth. :)

Just in case, is it possible to set a static icon/image for media folders in home view?

Edited by Lennong