Sony Bravia KDL-32W600A

effakt

effakt

Hey,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32W600A and am attempting to play .mkv files, I can play the video fine, but if I pause the video, fast forward or rewind, The video plays back from the beginning.

Has anybody had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Thanks.

server-63573965130.txt

khodges747

I have the same problem with my Sony Bravia KDL-50W800B and don't know how to fix it.

I know that mkv files are transcoded when played over DLNA on the TV, and I assume that is why they can't be fast-forwarded, etc.

effakt

I don't mind the no fast-forward or rewind, what I really care about is pausing. I don't see why, even if it is transcoding, it can't pause.

enthous

Have the same issue with my KDL-50W700B.  There's another thread that suggests the 2013 Sony profile, modified for your TV, will work, but it doesn't for me.  My profile, which is basically the Sony 2013 adjusted to match my model number, is what's being used.

Edited by enthous

Have the same issue with my KDL-50W700B.  There's another thread that suggests the 2013 Sony profile, modified for your TV, will work, but it doesn't for me.  My profile, which is basically the Sony 2013 adjusted to match my model number, is what's being used.

I know that the regex for 2013 sony works, I have tested it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AndyBak

I've started to experience the same issue as the OP, I can play a video fine, but if I pause the video, fast forward or rewind, The video plays back from the beginning. (this never used to happen so assuming a change to the DLNA profiles)

Effakt above mentions that the he regex for 2013 sony works however I'm not sure what this means.

I will try and grab a log file later this evening if possible.

Thanks

Andy

• 10 months later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.