How do I change the My Media Icons?

JRowe95

JRowe95

Might sound stupid but I have looked everywhere in the settings and user profile section.

I would like to upload custom icons. Please see attached image

Thanks

oyNM1K8.png

matt_ttam123

They are only per user though which is a little annoying, so for each user you have to temp make them admin change it then change them back, I have been requesting the ability to change it globally for some time as well.

Vidman

They are only per user though which is a little annoying, so for each user you have to temp make them admin change it then change them back, I have been requesting the ability to change it globally for some time as well.

Pretty sure if you are Admin you can change it for each user

matt_ttam123

Pretty sure if you are Admin you can change it for each user

If you know how to do this please show me, ill show you how its currently setup.

Admin Homepage

7720bbcb23.jpg

Metadata backend for one of the icons to show you how they are all setup.

9bc8b1ed8d.png

Lastly a normal user account not displaying these.

487b89127e.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

If you know how to do this please show me, ill show you how its currently setup.

Admin Homepage

7720bbcb23.jpg

Metadata backend for one of the icons to show you how they are all setup.

9bc8b1ed8d.png

Lastly a normal user account not displaying these.

487b89127e.jpg

+1 I would also like to know how to edit the home page view for all users. I'm using the disparity icons for My Media icons but all my other users just see regular folder icons.

I too am experiencing issues with media icons. Win 10 and brand new install of Emby. But I only see these media icons as an admin. I like the slice icons made up from items in the corresponding library, but can't work put how to get them to show up. thanks for any help and direction.  This is what I see now...

55ee36f066683_Icons.png

• Like 1

they should be there for content types movies, music, and tv. i'll have to test a new install to see if something is wrong.

they should be there for content types movies, music, and tv. i'll have to test a new install to see if something is wrong.

Do you know if there is a way to set the icon images for all users? Right now I can only get the admin account to see them.

right now, no. that's the trade-off with having the slice images that have user-specific content. i know it's creating some difficulty for those who want to customize so we're going to have to make a decision on that soon. we'll be looking into it.

I remember them being there for all libraries under win7. I think the only ones that I didn't have slice icons for was for the TV stuff which was a new addition just before I upgraded to Win10. Be nice to get them back. Thanks.

EDIT: here is a screen shot from my previous win7 install. the only one not showing slices was the Folders icon.

55ee61cb5025f_HomePage.png

Edited by jordy

So dynamic images are only done for theses content types now? Because my collections , channels and games folders not longer have the dynamic images updated... And still no way to edit or collapse the 3 live TV folders

When can I expect my home screen to look uniform again:)

Edited by Vidman

AdrianW

Same problem here with the latest beta.

Yes, the latest beta (3.0.5735.22798) has broken Primary images for media libraries. Mine have been replaced with generic folder icons.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new install of Emby and I'm seeing the same thing as others ... no media icons.

Although, the media images do appear to have worked for a few of my content types.  To echo what others have said, I set the images for my "Movies", "TV Shows", etc in the Metadata manager but they don't show in the web client when I browse my media.

If I dig into the /root/default folder, I do see that my images are saved there correctly as poster.png.  However, they are not shown in the web client. 

56087fe45a7e7_ScreenShot20150927at73453P

Happy2Play

I have a new install of Emby and I'm seeing the same thing as others ... no media icons.

Although, the media images do appear to have worked for a few of my content types.  To echo what others have said, I set the images for my "Movies", "TV Shows", etc in the Metadata manager but they don't show in the web client when I browse my media.

If I dig into the /root/default folder, I do see that my images are saved there correctly as poster.png.  However, they are not shown in the web client. 

Depending on your Views settings the images are saved in different locations.  Have you tried right click-edit?

Note this will be changing in the next release.

• Like 1

Yes, you should right click, edit. I realize it's confusing that they're different from the metadata manager entries, but that is being rectified.

Depending on your Views settings the images are saved in different locations.  Have you tried right click-edit?

Note this will be changing in the next release.

Ok, right clicking and selecting Edit appears to work.  It is definitely confusing that the Right-Click Edit bring me to a different location than the Metadata browser -- especially since they look identical.  

However, it sounds like the team is well-aware of this confusing aspect of the UI and is already working on a solution.

Thanks to both Happy2Play and Luke for their efforts and help.