Emby v0.588 1080p version

shorty1483

shorty1483

This is just a WIP which I started this week for myself. Still a lot to adjust. Took the source from GitHub. 

For now, this is just for people with a 2013+ TV who are able to sideload the App via USB (e.g. H-Series 2014). Just put the folder MediaBrowser 3 from the ZIP on an USB-Stick and connect it to the TV while off.

The biggest salute goes to @@chessdragon136 for his excellent work!

MediaBrowser 3.zip

• Like 3

CBers

So what is it?

The app with 1080 images?

Which TV's will support this, just H series?

If so, it's a bit ironic, as a lot of people can't load the app on their H series TV's :)

FrostByte

Too bad the hub won't accept high res images.  This is cool for those who have to, or want to, sideload the app though. 

shorty1483

So what is it?

The app with 1080 images?

Which TV's will support this, just H series?

If so, it's a bit ironic, as a lot of people can't load the app on their H series TV's :)

All values are changed to 1080p. On the latest H-Series TV's the native 980x540 app resolution is upscaled to Full-HD. Just wanted to know for myself it it brings any visual benefit. I could have ported it to 720p, but due to the lack of devices which can sideload an app in simple way (USB) I decided to try it out in max resolution for my TV model. Since it worked I decided to share. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

This worked fine and the app is so much faster running from a USB stick.In 1080P it actually now looks good but video playback fails for me. I get a distorted image but audio works fine. I did not know you could run it from a USB stick. 

shorty1483

I ran it successfully from USB. Anyway it was just a proof of concept...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Deihmos

Does it get copied over to the app on the TV because since I did this the app on TV is also in high resolution and runs faster.

A reboot fixed the playback.

Edited by Deihmos

shorty1483

Does it get copied over to the app on the TV because since I did this the app on TV is also in high resolution and runs faster.

A reboot fixed the playback.

? Usually not possible. Which TV do you have?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Deihmos

After further testing the app on the TV has low quality images but the 1080P version has high quality images. Now the question is how can I get this on my TV ?

Edited by Deihmos

• 1 month later...
fluffykiwi

Thank you very much for this version. Works great on Uk UE55HU8500.

I side load it from USB often despite using the current up to date version.

Main reason I do not use all the time is for certain movies they play with no black bottom bar but a double size black top bar.

Also higher resolution makes star ratings and media format icons look really blurry in comparison to everything you improved.

I also prefer the coloured media format icons, but very minor quibble.

Thanks for the proof of concept and all your efforts.

Edited by fluffykiwi

shorty1483

Also higher resolution makes star ratings and media format icons look really blurry in comparison to everything you improved.

The reason is that the graphics are just shrinked to bigger size ;) When the dream of a FullHD version get's really true onetime, they would have been redone in the right size directly.

• Like 1

I'm surprised, this appears to work fine on E-Series (60ES8000).  Fonts are mixed sizes, sometimes too small, and some of the dolby, dts and other icons look B&W, but otherwise it runs.  Not via side-loading but it  works if I load it from my own web server.

fluffykiwi

Yeah I figured it was a test version and not everything had been up-scaled in 1080p.

Was impressed with just how much was up-scaled and how good it looked on 4k tv.

SamES the icons are B&W as shorty1483 created own B&W versions.

I replaced media icons on USB with original coloured MediaInfo versions from current non 1080p version and looking good.

At first I used the 60x45 ones in Images/MediaInfo folder and they were very clear but incredibly tiny, then used the 102x76 ones within Images/MediaInfo/Originals folder and those look big enough and very clear.

Simply personal preference though.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1