Win10 Upgrade deleted service

FrostByte

FrostByte

Finally upgraded my server today and noticed the old "Media Browser" service was no longer listed.  Couldn't find an Emby service either.  Reran setup and the new "Emby Server" service is now there.  Anyhow, I'm all good just wasn't expecting the upgrade to delete the old service.  I must be the only one running as a service though.

matt_ttam123

It has happened with a few of the programs I have running as a service such as sonarr though not all were affected, it seems the easy fix is just to uninstall the old service and reinstall it again.

• Like 1

plazma

That's by design, the upgrade will only keep services it knows are compatible, that's not to say they are not, just ms has not tested.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks for the info guys, I wasn't aware it did that.  I must have gone up and down that list 20 times looking for the service after the 10 upgrade and I was just looking at it before the upgrade.  After I reinstalled Emby I was sure it got deleted because the name of the service changed and it never does that unless you do a fresh install of Emby